Hello everybody. Merry Christmas — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everybody. Merry Christmas

Options
monsieur
monsieur Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
edited December 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hey
I am not sure if anybody remembers me from last year, where I was writing bout me being depressed, being unable to get benefits.
7 months ago I was also contacted by safeguarding team.
All I want to say is thank you for your help, I am okay now. Staying with my mate for a while. I still have mild depression, but it is okay.

I hope everyone is OK here. Merry christmas and happy new year :) 
I do not bother with benefits anymore. I am a student in college though, doing FS maths and english. If i pass my exams (material is quite easy) then I will be going into GCSE course next year
I'd love to get A-levels someday. Not sure what my possibilities are, but hopefully everything will be OK :) 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @monsieur and welcome back to the community :) Thank you so much for letting us know how you're getting on, and we wish you a very Merry Christmas and New Year too!

That's so exciting to hear, and I'm sure you're more than capable of getting A-levels, it's clear you've got the drive to achieve it. What sort of subjects would you be looking to study?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • monsieur
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Well, I can also study biology GCSE at the college, but it costs £300. Maybe I will do it after I finish maths and english first. I am not sure how to enroll into A-levels after I pass those gcse's, but I am sure the college will give me advice later on. So I read that I need 3 A-levels to get into uni. Biology is good, cuz I like nature and I love animals. I normally live out there in a tent in the woods. I enjoy it but not when the weather is like this... Rain and dirty water in the river. I got to feed a cat that lives in the woods and a pet squirrel :D

Here are photos of Mr. Squirrel :pensive:

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Okay, yes, you can definitely speak to someone at the college, I'm certain they can advise you on A-Levels if you're keen to work towards them :) 

Does your pet squirrel have a name? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • monsieur
    Options
    Not really, I call him Mr Squirrel :disappointed:
    I have uploaded photos of him in the upper post :D
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again @monsieur - I remember you from last year, & it's good to read that you seem to mentally be in a better place now. Also good to read about your studies, & I hope they go well.
    Thank you for the photos of Mr Squirrel; they're great. Wishing you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year too. :)
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    monsieur said:
    Hey
    I am not sure if anybody remembers me from last year, where I was writing bout me being depressed, being unable to get benefits.
    7 months ago I was also contacted by safeguarding team.
    All I want to say is thank you for your help, I am okay now. Staying with my mate for a while. I still have mild depression, but it is okay.

I hope everyone is OK here. Merry christmas and happy new year :) 
    I do not bother with benefits anymore. I am a student in college though, doing FS maths and english. If i pass my exams (material is quite easy) then I will be going into GCSE course next year
    I'd love to get A-levels someday. Not sure what my possibilities are, but hopefully everything will be OK :) 

Hello @monsieur :)        

How are you doing today?

Thank you so much for reaching out and getting back in contact with us - it's lovely to hear from you and I'm really happy that you're in a stable, safe position now with your friend. 

That's great news about college and it seems as though you're adapting really well to the courses. I'm sure you will pass your exams with flying colours and it's great that you have a goal in mind, with achieving A levels. I'm sure if you keep working hard, you'll get there :) 

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year and Mr Squirrel enjoys himself too - he's so cute!!

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • monsieur
    Options
    Thank you.

Well, functional skills is quite easy. I am not sure how english will go, but I will be talking on my speaking exams about hobbies and how they affect your mental health. So I am gonna talk about playing drums (how playing music is good for brain) and also country walks :). How spending time in nature is good for well-being and going for walks to nature cures depression.

My squirrel unfortunately has problems with fleas so I had to escape from him. But I will come back at some point when it will be warmer outside. I might give him a proper wash. But he has got another friemd squirrel living with him on the tree, haha. I am pretty sure he will be alright.

I have got lot of time to study, so I hope I will get some qualifications before I end up in some **** situation again. But for now everything seems to get better.

I want to print my bank statements from sept. 2020 till 2021. Now I am in the college. I have got pre-settled status so I am making sure I have got all proof i need to get settled status in 2025. 

Anyways, thank you for £20 voucher back in a day. 

Brightness