Need some advice. My pressure wheelchair seat curation has become damaged — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need some advice. My pressure wheelchair seat curation has become damaged

Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
Hello Scope to scope community
My pressure wheelchair seat curation has become damaged on  my electric wheelchair  provided by Coventry wheelchair service
I appreciate what I should do because I know whether things changed during covid 19

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Wheelchair services are still operating as normal in my area I only had to wait 2 days when I booked a service 

However been waiting since April for assessment for new chair got appt in Jan 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you I appreciate you help @janer1967

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Globster
    Got seat replaced on electric wheelchair  this morning at Coventry wheelchair services

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good news @Globster how is it feeling, better I hope? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    yes thank you @Alex_Scope

• Alex_Alumni
    Excellent stuff, I'm pleased to hear it @Globster
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• Globster
    edited March 2022

Hello to Scope online community

I need some advice am I am right to ask my local wheelchair service to replace my seat cushion because it feels get internal busing on the back legs and do recon the could order the sort of wheelchair pressure cushion that got damaged originally damaged and my backrest on powerchair does likes in properly and one lateral supports is missing some bolts and nuts so it is not stay in place

I would appreciate getting some advice on what I should do

• janer1967

If the chair was supplied by wheelchair services then yes they will replace cushions and do repairs just call them there should be a contact number somewhere on your chair

• Globster
    @janer1967 I appreciate the advice I will definitely give ring on Monday morning thanks again for your help 

• Alex_Alumni
    Hi @Globster I would agree with @janer1967 definitely contact wheelchair services.

Let us know how you get on on Monday :)
    Scope

• Globster
    Hello Scope online community
    I just to ask whether it was normal for local my Nhs wheelchair repair company are coming to replace the pressure cushion in my NHS powerchair and I just want to ask why my local wheelchair service would old pressure cushion back for?

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Globster. I don't know for certain but it could be that they want to refurbish it or return it to the manufacturer to complain. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    Hi 

They will take away anything that isn't fit for use as they have a duty of care for your safety and health so want to make sure you don't continue to use the old one when they replace it . Also it is their property as anything they supply is only on loan 
  • Globster
    @janer1967
    Thank you for explaining to me now I understand 
    @Adrian_Scope I appreciate attempting trying answer my question.

Brightness