Successful Mandatory Reconsideration - Thank you for the help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Successful Mandatory Reconsideration - Thank you for the help

Options
Commanded2bwell
Commanded2bwell Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone,

I first came here to seek help after my PIP application failed. Using the guidance I received on this forum, and information from previous discussions, I have applied for Mandatory Reconsideration and succeeded! I haven't received the letter, yet, but my bank account got a lump sum back-dated nine months, so now I'm just waiting for the paperwork that makes it official.

Thank you to all the people who contribute their time, knowledge and patience to answering questions on these forums.

I'm suffering some mixed emotions, just now, which for an autistic is more or less par for the course! There's bitterness at the pain and difficulty of the entire process, which seems designed to make claimants feel bad about themselves. There's relief that I can now count on paying some bills, costs of living, etc. without approaching each month wondering what will happen. There's an element of depression and self-loathing at the same time, and I wonder if this has been brought on by the intense critical self-analysis that the application process involves. I haven't enjoyed listing all my problems, and each time I've had to, I've had a bad time mentally for weeks afterwards. It knocks you back. But it's over, now.

Thank you, all, and Merry Christmas.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.