Not satisfied with Tribunal Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not satisfied with Tribunal Decision

Options
LittleKitten
LittleKitten Community member Posts: 47 Connected
I've been to tribunal and gotten my decision letter, awarding me 9 points in daily living and none in mobility. I went in asking for what would amount to 12 for daily living and 18 for mobility, and I'm not completely happy with the decision I've been given. I don't think I was able to explain myself at all well enough, and that some of what I said was ignored of discounted as being more minor than it really is.

Is there any further I can go with this?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,271 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    First you need to request the Statement of Reasons (SOR) and Record of Proceedings (ROP) and you have 1 month from the date of decision to do this. 
    You can’t go any further just because you’re unhappy with the decision. Once you receive both of the above you’ll need to find someone to have a look to see if they can find an error in law. 
    Just to point out that for a Tribunal once you score 12 points they stop, even if you could score more points. There’s no point going any further if you have already scored enough for an Enhanced award. 
    It also helps to have some understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean. Have you ever got any expert advice to check that you qualify for Enhanced for both parts? If not then start here. https://advicelocal.uk/ this will also be useful when you receive the SOR and ROP. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LittleKitten have our members helped answer your question? 

Please do let us know if you're still unsure of anything, we're here to help.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.