Dont really know what I'm doing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dont really know what I'm doing

Options
h11
h11 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
Hello, I'm exploring this community to see if it would be suitable and good thing for my daughter to possibly make friends.
She has a number of mental disabilities as well as physical problems and is very isolated. I'm not really sure if I'm doing this right though! 🙂

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Though it’s not a chat room I’m sure she would make lots of friends, it’s a very friendly and supportive community. 🙂

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I would say you did the right thing by reaching out… :)

This is a pretty safe community with rules on sharing things like contact info, if that’s something you were worried about.

I’m on a lot of other forums and I can say, while you get disagreements on any website, and this is no exception, it is one of the most friendly and supportive forums I’m on.

There is a lot of chat about various mental and physical issues and also just general chat about random nonsense as well so I’m sure there would be something of interest :smiley:
  • h11
    Options
    What if she were to make a connection and friend is thereca way to then be able to contact each other privately?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Once syr has posted and gained 25 points which you get pretty quick she can then send personal messages to other members which are only seen by those she sends them too . Then if she wants they can swap emails or phone numbers and other contact details or just keep messaging on here if she doesn't want to shard details 
  • h11
    Options
    Thanks thats really helpful and good to here. 
    How are these points gained? 
    Sorry I feel like I'm asking questions I probably should know but tech isn't my strongest point! 

It just so frustrating, she has been so poorly for several years on top of her already disabilities. No one has given a straight answer as to a diagnosis, covid has made it impossible to get appointments or talk to doctors. She is deteriorating in front of my eyes physically and that in turn is making her sad and down. She is almost house bound, no friends. Its heart breaking. 

So I hope this works! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again 

You gain points by posting , replying , adding photos etc 

It must be heartbreaking for you she would be welcome here and supported . 

Have a look round the site the coffee lounge is for general discussions and games and things and recent discussions shows all recent posts 
  • h11
    Options
    Thanks so much. Janer1967
    I'll have a nosey. 

Brightness