DLA to PiP Autism success ☺️ — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PiP Autism success ☺️

Sillymoo007
Sillymoo007 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
8 weeks ago the dreaded letter arrived. It was time to apply for PIP for my 16 year old son.
I had help with the forms from my local welfare advice service. I posted the forms and evidence then total silence. No texts,calls or letters.Until this morning. Letter came saying my son scored 24 daily living and 18 mobility points and awarded enhanced pip for 8 years!.
He is on alot more going forward than he got on DLA. 
I'm sharing this in the hope it helps other parents/appointees. Please please please if you feel you can't tackle the form,get help.
Good luck everyone 🥰
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    This is great news @Sillymoo007 - thank you for sharing your positive news about your son's PIP award. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, well done @Sillymoo007! I hope that you can breathe a sigh of relief now, just in time for Christmas :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    that really is excellent news, you can relax now and try and enjoy Christmas 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sillymoo007
    Thankyou everyone. I was prepared for a long fight but had totally the opposite experience. Happy Christmas to you all xx💙
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Yay, thanks for sharing your positive news and experience with us @Sillymoo007 :)

I am really happy for you. 

Merry Christmas to you too and your family! <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • feeky1973
    feeky1973 Community member Posts: 59 Connected
    Amazing news!!!  That's so encouraging to hear :)  
  • Sillymoo007
    Thankyou everyone for your kind words. I was wondering is it worth asking them for the assessors report,or is it pointless as he got an award full stop. Is it helpful maybe further down the line for ESA etc? TYIA x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessment report is not needed. PIP and the work capability assessment are 2 completely different benefits, with different criteria.
    Just so that you're aware, new claims for the old Income Related ESA are no longer possible because all areas are now Universal Credit, so it would be this they would need to claim, in the future. 
    The only ESA that's possible to claim now is New Style ESA but for this you need to have paid the correct amount of NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • disbutveryabled
    disbutveryabled Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Gratz, I just got awarded enhanced care after an MR. I'm also Autistic, feelsgood.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great to hear you've both had success @disbutveryabled and @Sillymoo007

I hope you can both enjoy the festive period after such positive news :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • disbutveryabled
    disbutveryabled Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    That's great to hear you've both had success @disbutveryabled and @Sillymoo007

I hope you can both enjoy the festive period after such positive news :)

Alex
    And to you and all the staff here at Scope.org, y'all do such a great job and it has inspired me to stick around and help those in future. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's lovely @disbutveryabled,  I'll pass on your message to the team, thank you! :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mun87
    mun87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi
    what supporting evidence did you sent with your son’s form ? 
    Thanks 
    8 weeks ago the dreaded letter arrived. It was time to apply for PIP for my 16 year old son.
    I had help with the forms from my local welfare advice service. I posted the forms and evidence then total silence. No texts,calls or letters.Until this morning. Letter came saying my son scored 24 daily living and 18 mobility points and awarded enhanced pip for 8 years!.
    He is on alot more going forward than he got on DLA. 
    I'm sharing this in the hope it helps other parents/appointees. Please please please if you feel you can't tackle the form,get help.
    Good luck everyone 🥰

• mun87
    mun87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    What supporting evidence did you sent with your son’s form?
  • Sillymoo007
    I gave permission for PIP to request everything from DLA. But I also resent Autism report,DCD report,all Ed Psychology reports,updated prescription list. Letter from Psychiatrist,which wasn't to indepth,just saying he was a patient and why etc. Letter from his peadiatric community nurse. All copies of trips to ED.A report from Autism service mental health practitioner.All correspondence from his Colo rectal surgeon to GP and home. I had quite a big envelope of things to send and I still thought I'd have a fight. But on the award notice it said what I sent was best available and they didn't need to do face to face with my son.
    I know there are some awful stories about PIP but in our case it was a smooth transition x
  • Sillymoo007
    Oh and a letter from SENCO. X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.