Hi all I had a mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all I had a mandatory reconsideration

ashleym1976
ashleym1976 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I received a letter from dwp on the 8th Dec 2021 I suffering from anxiety and depression when I was reading why they refused it is that I can drive a car my grip and spine and legs are strong to get in a car and out 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Standard phrase much used in decisions. Complete nonsense of course. The activities are different and says nothing about the difficulties you may have doing things.

If this is in the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice you can still appeal to the tribunal service. Get advice and help to support you https://advicelocal.uk
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ashleym1976 :) I'm sorry to hear that you don't seem to have been given the PIP award you were hoping for. I hope that calcotti's reply has helped. I'd definitely second the advice to check out advicelocal.uk, and see whether you can speak to an expert about your situation.

As you've mentioned experiencing anxiety and depression, I was just wondering whether you're receiving any support for your mental health at the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ashleym1976
    ashleym1976 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    No I don't unfortunately I been suffering for 17 years I thought I could cope on my own it wasn't out when I suffered in silence 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I've just seen that you spoke a little more about this on your other thread @ashleym1976, so apologies I didn't spot that before. 

I'd definitely encourage you to speak to someone if you feel able to. Do you have a good relationship with your GP? They can be a good source of support, and should be able to point you in the direction of some helpful resources. 

Many people think that they can cope alone, and then find that things sort of catch up with them - does that sound like your experience? There's no shame in seeking support. 

As you mentioned experiencing abuse in the past, you might like to contact NAPAC or Victim Support

I can see that other members of the team have already pointed you towards Mind and the NHS website, so I'd second their recommendations to check those out too. 

Do you think you might find talking therapy helpful? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.