Pip reviews. Will they cancel my claim if I miss my assessment due to COVID? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reviews. Will they cancel my claim if I miss my assessment due to COVID?

bi786
bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I have pip review which I cancelled once already ,they gave me another date this Tuesday an I know have COVID symptoms but haven’t done test will be doing one Tomm 
my Assasemnt is on Tuesday , if I miss it what happens will they cancel my claim 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Is it face to face or a telephone assessment? If it's the latter are you still able to take the call? If you do test possitive with Covid, some people have it very mild.. my daughter and son did.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bi786
    My Assasemnt is face to face 
  • bi786
    Hi poppy mine started 2 days ago I had temperature mild cough but I can’t smell an taste anything today 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bi786 :) I can imagine this would be quite a stressful situation. I'm not totally sure on the answer, but I did find this information on mypipassessment's website:
    Yes, you can change your appointment. You can change it to another day or time. You can also change the Centre that the appointment is at. We're only allowed to change your appointment once and if you miss your appointment without a good reason, DWP may end your PIP claim. Your appointment letter tells you how to contact us to change your appointment or ask any other questions that you might have.
    Would you be able to contact them tomorrow to see whether there's anything they can do?

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.