On Dispatches. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

On Dispatches.

onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 736 Pioneering
I don't know if anyone watched Dispatches on Channel 4 on Thursday about the Assessment system and the effects on Disabled people?
  Have just noticed that there was no mention about it on here?  Just wondered if there was a sequel as it still left a lot of answers unanswered.  Including the quotes from the Coroner's office who were gagged?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    There was a post about it if you look through recent discussions 
  • onebigvoice
    I am not very good at going through all the titles but if the title stated like the link about the 1/2 hour program will read through and comment again.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It's on page 3 of recent discussions titled the truth about disability benefits on channel 4
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @onebigvoice :) I started a discussion on it, which you can find here

What did you think of it? I haven't been able to watch it yet, so I'm not sure if there'll be a sequel.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • onebigvoice
    It was as said interesting, yet nothing we did not already know.
      There some bits where as I and many others have stated that it would be good if they learnt from their mistakes?  But they don't. the same thing every day.  You could say they were consistent but for all the wrong reasons.
      If you listen to some of the comments from the whistle blower, it says it all.
      Disappointed that they did not have people from the top to answer.  Its all right saying they did not wish to comment and leave a pre=written statement of how they are compensating the family's concerned, but what about the thousands of others that are not, seen or heard?
      The follow up should show what the DWP and PIP's have done to fix the problems of the assessment system that a disabled person has to prove they are ill in order to get benefits.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    It was as said interesting, yet nothing we did not already know.
      There some bits where as I and many others have stated that it would be good if they learnt from their mistakes?  But they don't. the same thing every day.  You could say they were consistent but for all the wrong reasons.
      If you listen to some of the comments from the whistle blower, it says it all.
      Disappointed that they did not have people from the top to answer.  Its all right saying they did not wish to comment and leave a pre=written statement of how they are compensating the family's concerned, but what about the thousands of others that are not, seen or heard?
      The follow up should show what the DWP and PIP's have done to fix the problems of the assessment system that a disabled person has to prove they are ill in order to get benefits.
    I'm still yet to watch the series @onebigvoice, but I do agree and think that there should always be a section highlighting next steps and intentions. This might look like the DWP expressing certain changes that they are going to make to enhance/benefit the PIP process etc :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness