Hi, my name is westham! I started claiming UC at the end of June — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is westham! I started claiming UC at the end of June

westham
westham Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone,  i recently started claiming uc end of june i supplied a fit note aug27 covering 3 months  so had a health assessment 16 November an was declared lcwra 18 Nov an yet just checked this months statement an no extra payment, am I entitled to extra element an if so do you know when? Thank you

Comments

• westham
    Can somebody help with my question pls thanks 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hi @westham

Thank you for your comment and welcome to the community :) 

I'm unsure about your question, but one of our members might be able to help and provide support. However, in the meantime, it might be worthwhile speaking to a staff member from the universal credit system to enquire about your lack of payment. Please see below some information about the universal credit helpline and you can always do this through your online universal credit account too: 

I will also move your comment into our Universal Credit (UC) category, in the hope that others will see your comment and respond. 

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please just let us know.

Libby :) 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Lcwra is  paid from the 4th full assessment period after reporting the condition and providing fit note 

So depending on your assessment dates I aluld expect Sept to Oct , Oct to nov and Nov to Dec to be waiting periods and first payment to be in Jan 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @westham hi and a warm welcome to scope, I hope that @janer1967 reply has answered your question?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• westham
    Thank you both janer an woodbine  
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    You said you claimed at the end of June. What date exactly?

Was August 27th the date you told UC about your health condition?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • westham
    Hi calcotti, think it was June 25 as first payment was 25 July provided first fit note 27 Aug my health assessment decision was 18 Nov also my assessment period is the 18th to 19th following monthly thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If you reported your health condition on the same date you provided your fit note then the 3 month waiting period will be Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec... LCWRA starts from 19th December to 18th January, with first payment being 25th January.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • westham
    Thank you poppy123456, when you say reporting health condition is that not just the same as supplying fit not or would I have to specifically report said condition 
  • poppy123456
    You should report your health condition on your journal by "reporting a change of circumstances" then you need to provide a fit note within 7 days.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • westham
    I never reported condition I just supplied 3 month fit note then process started an had health assessment at no time was I advised to report change of circumstances even after being declared lcwra also no longer required to provide fit notes
  • poppy123456
    The usual process is to report your health condition and then provide the fit note. As you provided the fit note then hopefully your waiting period starts from when you reported the fit note and first payment will be January 25th.
    If you don't receive the LCWRA element on your next statement then leave a message on your journal to tell them the date you reported the fit note.
    The above advice is providing there isn't already the LCWRA element on your claim from a partner because you can only receive one per claim.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    westham said:
    Hi calcotti, think it was June 25 as first payment was 25 July provided first fit note 27 Aug my health assessment decision was 18 Nov also my assessment period is the 18th to 19th following monthly thanks 
    If your payment date is 25th of the month you must have claimed on the 19th making your UC assessment periods 19th to 18th of each month with payment one week later. I agree with poppy’s assessment of when the LCWRA element will be payable.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • westham
    Poppy an calcotti thank you both ever so much you have been very helpful thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.