poem called Christmas morning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

poem called Christmas morning

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger

poem called  Christmas morning

When it comes to Christmas morning children are unable to sleep.

As they are full of excitement to see what present they have got from their parents.

As early morning sunshine began to rise.

This is when we hear cries of excitement from the children as they are heard running into the parent's bedroom and jumping onto their bed, dad and mum were wirey eyed but the parents were not surprised. 

As the children get their dad and mum out of bed and the children hold each parent's hand as all walk downstairs together.

As the dad and mum take it in turn to give their child a present each.

As they watch their child face light up with a glowing smile while unwrapping the presents.

The ringing sounds of laughter and fun.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Globster

Thanks for sharing your wonderful poem with us. I do like the sound of laughter and fun. Though, now I am a big child, my parents often have to wake me up because I would prefer a lay-in! Are you an early riser on Christmas day @Globster:D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    I have to agree with as get older we feel Christmas any day I do wake up early on Christmas morning anymore

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Christmas is still great fun! I just need a mandatory cup of tea first  :D

I hope you have a great Christmas @Globster :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for such a cheery poem @Globster :) 

Christmas morning is full of excitement. I remember getting up at 5am when I was younger, but now, I'm lucky to be out of bed by 8am on Christmas morning :D 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Globster
    Options
    @L_Volunteer
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas @L_Volunteer :)

• L_Volunteer
    Options
    Thanks so much @Globster :)

Brightness