PIP MR unsuccessful- Going to tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR unsuccessful- Going to tribunal

coralfang
coralfang Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hi all,

i submitted my first PIP application in June, i provided a doctors note and a personal statement along with a statement from my mum about my issues and how she supports me/how i am unable to do certain activities. I scored 2 points on mixing with people. I submitted an MR in October and received the letter today saying i have not scored any additional points. When i submitted the MR documents i went into great detail for each activity and how i am unable to complete these/complete these with prompting or support and what happens when i try to do it alone/what happened the last time i done it. i am really surprised to not have scored any additional points.

i have contacted a local support law centre who can represent me and i have a call booked in with them in January but i have lodged my tribunal appeal today online. do i need to do anything else? on the website it asked why i was asking for this tribunal and i just mentioned a summary of how the response to the MR doesn't seem relevant to my case (it was almost copy and pasted from my original pip application although i didn't mention this on the tribunal page) and my representative will add some additional information once i have spoke to her in January. this is all so stressful its actually making me more ill.

thanks for your help

Comments

• Nylah_Ace
    Nylah_Ace Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Good for you taking this forward.  I applied for PIP at the start of this year and like you scored 2 points Daily and 2 for Mobility. My MR was rejected so I appealed to tribunal in Oct. I was successful on that and was paid today (still haven’t received award letter though).

It is terrible the way they make you feel, as if you are trying to pull a fast one - they appear to even take the fact that you can write sentences as a reason you do not have a disability.  When I received the tribunal papers (you will get a wedge of paperwork in relation to your claim, your application, any evidence you sent, the assessment report, literally everything) I saw how many errors were in my assessment report it did not even read properly in some places, you had to work out what the assessor was saying. The decision letter didn’t mention my carer at all and just totally disregarded anything I had said in both the original decision and the MR. Tribunal must have seen this? They did my hearing on paper. 

Wish you the best of luck. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.