Boredom, bad day & flashing lights!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Boredom, bad day & flashing lights!!

Options
Gadget9616
Gadget9616 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
having a bad day.. i love the christmas decorations and having a son, these are not optional, but man they are bright and flashy and super exhausting on the eyes after a hard day at work....

my main hobbies are knitting, diamonds, cross stitching. i do these under a lamp usually, but not a clever idea today..

so i query, what do other folks do when they are eye-tired? 

Comments

• Gadget9616
    Options
    hey :)

yeah i do usually, for some reason they are affecting me more than usual today but its been one of those days today. but it did make me wonder what others do when they are having a tiring day with their eyes? 

• jbug
    jbug Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    I go for a nap. Anything that tires my eyes is usually because my fatigue is high. Although that might not be your problem
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I have a sight impairment and cannot tolerate bright light , have to keep curtains shut and wear dark glasses when outside 

However my tree lights are bright and flashing but I put the tree at other end of room so it's not in view until I turn to face it when leaving the room 
  • Gadget9616
    Options
    i have night blindness...

bright lights to darkness is a big issue, i cant focus so end up straining a lot as a result. 
    As you can imagine, christmas is always fun! 
  • jbug
    jbug Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    I got you. I don't think I have anything constructive to add. I'm sorry for stepping on your thread. 
  • Gadget9616
    Options
    its not so much the tree lights that do me, just highlighted a thought id had. i was having a bad eye day long before i even saw the tree, that just emphasized my thoughts. i am bored with listening to podcasts and want to be productive, but trying to find out the hobbies of sight impaired people when you dont know any personally is hard, so i turn to the people i can..
  • Gadget9616
    Options
    jbug, no apology needed :) 

Brightness