PIP renewal 19th dec at 1pm my pip has now stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal 19th dec at 1pm my pip has now stopped

cathy38
cathy38 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had pip renewal ass via phone on the  19th dec at 1pm my pip has now stopped is 24 hrs enough to make an dession way folk 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cathy38 - & welcome to the community. A decision after assessment takes anything from 2-12 weeks, so may I ask what makes you feel your PIP award has stopped?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    I think there's zero chance of a PIP decision in this short time. Was your existing award from a Tribunal, which is why it's now stopped?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cathy38
    Hi chiarieds ma last payment was on the 23 nov last month so was due payment in today it wasnt the same amount if anything it wasnt even a weeks payment so phoned them and was told they made a dession and letter on way out and the guy said useualy wen a partial payment has been made then its because they have stopped all payments cant beleive they made there dession that quick as only had ass on the 19th 
  • cathy38
    Hi popy ma award hard ended so it was a renewal had ass on the 19th then payment made today which was due but it wasnt even a weeks payment i dont get it atall 
  • poppy123456
    That does seem extremely quick i agree. You will need to wait for the decision letter, which may not arrive until after Christmas.
    If you're not happy with that decision you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) this is when another decision maker will look at your claim again and make another decision.
    You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    Do be aware that if you've been refused, this may affect any other benefits you maybe claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cathy38
    Poppy ive been thru 2 tribunerals way them and won so think they want me too do a 3rd one . I was just posting cause ive never had or heard off them been that quick also i was under the impression your money is 4 weeks in arrears so i should of received all my payment not the ammount i received cause if they stop your money then u dont receive anything from them so its all weird 
  • poppy123456
    If you were refused, which is likely then it depends when the cut off point is and when the decision was made. It often works out that you don't receive the full amount for final payment if refused.
    The quickest time i've waited for a decision for myself is 4 days after my assessment but this was back in 2016.
  • cathy38
    I was last paid the 23rd of dec last month and had ma phone ass on the 19th sunday there so they decided either monday or today . Ive never had a payment wen they have decided am no entitled to pip i was on the enhanced rate and only received £51.10p into ma account today so no sure how they worked payment out etc 
  • cathy38
    Sorry ment 23rd nov last month 
  • poppy123456
    Thinking about this more, if your PIP award hadn't ended before the decision was made, i can't see how the decision was made since you had your assessment. If you had your assessment on 19th December which was Sunday, your PIP payment would have been sent before you had your assessment because it takes 3 working days for payment to go into your bank.
    What is/was the end date of your current award? Just checking to make sure that it's not just ended, rather than a decision being made, which does seem rather unlikely.
  • cathy38
    Ma current award ended oct had to cancel first phone ass then they were ment to call me and didnt so they gave me the 19th for ma next phone ass ma last payment was the 23rd nov which ment ma next payment would off been 21st of dec always paid and payment always fell on a tuesday . Instead of having full or normal payment i got £51.10p i thought that aswell that the payment was processed afore pip ass but clearly wasnt if they could turn round and put that amount into ma acc totaly stressful especialy this time of year 
  • cathy38
    I should really read things afore i mess sorry ma award ran out on the 26th nov poppy so that 51 odds is probs 3 days extra payment ? No sure as no clued up that much 
  • poppy123456
    With your award ending then your small payment makes perfect sence. The person you spoke to in the call centre when you rang was incorrect in telling you the decision had already been made.
  • cathy38
    Just off phone cause i was last paid 23rd nov the small payment was  worked out till the 27th nov . They made there decision on monday letter was sent out yesterday payment stopped as no been awarderd points wot so ever 
  • AmandaBB
    AmandaBB Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Hi Cathy, sorry to hear your payments have been stopped. 

I highly recommend the following website when completing your MR.
    www.benefitsandwork.co.uk 
    They have lots of free resources but their membership fee is worth every single penny. 

Take care, 

Amanda

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cathy38

Thanks for reaching out to us and keeping us up to date. I appreciate how much courage it takes to reach out in times of difficulty.

Unfortunately, PIP is not an area of my expertise which means I am hoping others can help you with this.

It seems that our wonderful community has already provided you with some support. Have they managed to answer your questions about PIP?

The only thing I would know to add is to remember you can always appeal decisions.

However, I also wanted to respond to you just to let you know that I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing such a tough time. I am all ears if you just need someone to listen to you  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    Although the fee for benefits and work is just £20 there's a lot of people that don't have this sort of money to spare, even more so if you're benefits have stopped. Help is available free and people shouldn't have to pay.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cathy38 I'm so sorry to hear what has happened. That's awful, especially at this time of year. 

When you feel able to, if you want to challenge the decision you can read about your options here or at Turn2Us.

To help our members support you I've moved your discussion into our PIP category, so it can be found easily. Let us know if we can help with any additional support. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cathy38
    Hi alex thank you for doing that ive to wait 7 too 10 days then i can challange the decision tbh no got the head space atm . My mum has cancer and no long left mental health all over the place docs have up ma sleepers etc got kids to look after aswell just no got the energy to challange they have done this 2 times way me and i dun the apeal court and won both times its degrading 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    It definitely sounds as though you deserve a break @cathy38, I'm very sorry to hear about your mum too. Do you feel like you've got enough support for your mental health at the moment? Perhaps you could talk to your GP about how you're feeling, it's clear you've got a lot going on, so it's no wonder you're feeling overwhelmed. 

You've mentioned 'docs have up ma sleepers', can I ask what you mean? 

If you feel like we could offer any extra support, then please do let us know.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.