Hi, my name is Milkybar! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Milkybar!

Options
Milkybar
Milkybar Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi Community,

I have crohn's disease and had my large bowel removed due to this i have a number of complex issues which i haven't been able to work for 2 years because i suffer from chronic pain my husband is the only person working so things a very tight.I have seen that scope offers a membership card were you can get discounts of food in shops etc
please can you let me now how to sign up for this.

kind regards 

rosie

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Im not aware of any scope membership card for discount food. 
    Have you ever had a benefits check to see if you’re entitled to any benefits? If you haven’t then it maybe a good idea to speak to an advice agency near you. This way you can tell them all your details and they will do a full benefits check for you. Start here https://advicelocal.uk/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Milkybar
    Milkybar Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for replying back l will check 

Kind regards 

Rosie 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Milkybar thanks for joining the community!

I'm afraid Scope doesn't have a membership card like the one you describe, but we do have lots of information on ways to get support with food and essentials, particularly during the pandemic, which you might find helpful. 

You could also take a look at Turn2Us, they have a benefit calculator you can use to see if you can apply for any benefits for some extra financial support.

If you have any further questions, or need any help, let us know, we're here to support you :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness