Lcwra, when and if do I get back pay from and when do they let you know — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra, when and if do I get back pay from and when do they let you know

Options
Shazza1986
Shazza1986 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I'm new on here I received
A letter from universal credits saying I've been awarded lcwra that was the 14th December my assignment dates are 26th and 25th I get paid on the 4th started hand in sick notes on 21st of Jun when and if do I get back pay from and when do they let you know when you get it looked everywhere but no answer from my journal from last week Thank you for listening to me xxx 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Shazza1986 thanks for your question, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will get backdated payment, but I'm afraid can't say for certain when this will be. I expect there will be a wait over the Christmas period at least.

To help for now, I've changed the title slightly and marked your post as unanswered so our members can find it more easily. I'm sure they'll be able to advise you soon :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Shazza1986
    Options
    Thank you for your help x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    You reported health condition on 21st June which is in your May-June AP.
    You will be entitled to the LCWRA element from the Sept-Oct AP, so from the 4th November pay date. That means you are owed a couple of months which will be paid separately and your next payment on 4th January should include it as part of your normal payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Shazza1986
    Options
  • Shazza1986
    Options
    Thank you to everyone that commented on this I've just received a letter saying I'm due back pay and just got my statement for the 4th January payment and the lcwra is in that so hopefully all sorted now x 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you to everyone that commented on this I've just received a letter saying I'm due back pay and just got my statement for the 4th January payment and the lcwra is in that so hopefully all sorted now x 
    Thanks for the update, that's super to here :) I'm glad the community was helpful.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.