Photos Of Nature To Help the Mind lnner Peace — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Photos Of Nature To Help the Mind lnner Peace

Options
Ookpik
Ookpik Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
edited December 2021 in Coffee lounge
Beautiful scenes of natural wonders always bring a sense of well being deep within our inner souls, Just sit back and think of yourself being right there under that ceiling of beauty. lt does give a feeling of relaxation
This one is from Sorford Norway, [Or it could be storway,l just forgot what the place was called] displaying an explosion of colour across the night sky

Nature has all the answers. All we have to do is listen, and peace will prevail

Comments

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for starting this discussion @Ookpik :) I love being in nature and find it so beneficial for my mental health. It helps me to be present and focus on every detail. One place where I feel a lot of peace is at the beach, especially in Cornwall. We used to go to the Lizard every year as children and it's beautiful, so here's a picture of my favourite beach there - Kynance Cove :)

Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 539 Pioneering
    Options
    Nature and the world is truly beautiful when you take the time to stop to look and appreciate it. I also find it so relaxing. Those pictures are lovely I would love to go see the northern lights in person one day if I ever get the courage too. I struggle to leave my flat at the moment due to overwhelming anxiety but one day I'm going to beat this anxiety and go out and appreciate the world more and find beautiful nature spots.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Ookpik
    Ookpik Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
    edited December 2021
    Options
    That is such a beautiful photo of the  Lizard in Cornwall Libby_Scope. Ohh those were the days when l went to Cornwall at Harlyn Bay Cornwall. The beauty and the fresh air gave me a sense of life is worth living. Thank you again for the photo, Libby. lt brought back lovely memories.

rubin16 Believe me when l say this. l know what you are going through. Those feelings of anxiety do tear the inner soul apart and leave the mind full of negative thoughts on life. Due to my terrible disorder l have{Cervical Dystonia}] there were times l had to self medicate to leave the house. But after 50 years of this terrible suffering l had to endure. l finally accepted it, and l don't care what people think of me when l have spasms. What can trigger spasms which also triggers anxiety is human activity. The noise, the crowds, and the dangers out there is like a gauntlet to me , but not to the many people going about their daily business.
    l do hope "One Day" you will feel better in yourself. Nature helps, To me, Nature is like a medical doctor. 
    Just for you Rubin

Nature has all the answers. All we have to do is listen, and peace will prevail

Brightness