Will LCWRA be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will LCWRA be backdated?

Manny334433
Manny334433 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I first have evidence of my health conditions 18 months ago for limited capability n work related but I only got awarded the limited capability where I didn't get any extra pay but in December 17th this year I had an assessment and I received a letter back saying that I have been awarded both entitlements and that I will get any extra money after the 3 months when I first gave them evidence, but so does that mean they will back date it from 2020 or will they back date from when I had the assessment December 2021, cause surely they should back date it from 18 months ago by them saying when I FIRST AND THAT'S WHEN IT WAS CAUSE I WAS WAITING 18 MONTHS FOR THE ASSESSMENT WHICH TOOK PLACE THIS YEAR AND IF SO ROUGHLY HOW MUCH AND WHEN WILL I RECEIVE THIS CAUSE IT'S BEEN OVER 3 MONTHS, IT WAS 18 MONTHS AGO. THANKS

Comments

• Manny334433
    Manny334433 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    First gave I meant
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited December 2021
    Hello @Manny334433 and welcome to the community. 
    As you already have LCW it will depend on whether you reported a change in circumstances / worsening condition or if the assessment was part of a regular review.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi I first have evidence of my health conditions 18 months ago for limited capability n work related but I only got awarded the limited capability where I didn't get any extra pay
    I disagree with @Adrian_Scope here because I see you were already found to have Limited capability for work. (LCW)
    Your most recent decision, was this from a new work capability assessment assessment? If so, did you report the changes which then prompted another work capability assessment? Or did DWP/UC start the review?
    If DWP started the review then there will be no backdated money and the extra money will be paid from the assessment period in which the decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited December 2021
    So sorry, I didn't spot that part. Thank you @poppy123456 for highlighting it. I've corrected my post to avoid confusion. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    poppy123456 said:I disagree with @Adrian_Scope here because I see you were already found to have Limited capability for work. (LCW) 
    I am not clear from OP's post exactly what has happened. On the one hand they say they were found to have LCW which would (in most cases) mean an assessment had taken place, but on the other hand they say they waited 18 months for an assessment.

It is possible that the initial LCW entitlement is because OP was automatically entitled to be treated as having LCW but has waited 18 months for an assessment to determine whether or not they have LCWRA. If this is the case the three month wait from when they reported the health condition for the LCWRA element to be payment would apply.

Some clarification is needed in order to be able to advise.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.