LCWRA first payment and first pay date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA first payment and first pay date

lloydemp
lloydemp Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello

I got approved for my LCWRA accessment on the 22nd. They told me the same day within 7 working days they will let me know if im owed any money.

my assessment periods are 26-27th of each month and paydate is 3rd

My first fit note is dated 02/08/21 and my last is dated 01/12/21 and i dont need to get any more now im told. 

will i get the extra money on my next statement which will be uploaded on the 29th? and what backdate will i get if any? it's really confusing for me to work out 

thanks if anyone can help!

Comments

• lloydemp
    It's also really confusing because i have been getting enhanced pip for years it wasnt a new illness i was just told about lcwra on a phone call with them in august so i applied. i have been getting fit notes for years but they have gaps in 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    PIP has nothing to do with LCWRA because they are completely different. When you report a health condition you're supposed to send in fit notes without any gaps.
    If this was you're first work capability assessment then they may not take into consideration your previous fit notes because of the gaps. How long were the gaps between each fit note and what date exactly did you first report your health condition?
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported the health condition. This means the extra money isn't paid at all during the waiting period.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lloydemp
    I have been uploading fit notes for around a year but they all have gaps in and none are consecutive. I reported my illness on the phone in august, I thought because I was on pip they was aware but I was wrong. 

I told my work coach on the 10th August because I mentioned my illness because I had a fit note for that month and then he suggested I fill out for lcw/lcwra and I got sick notes every month ever since then if that makes sense? 
  • lloydemp
    Now that I have been approved for lcwra and I have been reporting fit notes since 02 august and made them aware on 10th august does that mean my next statement I will have the extra money? My statement should be posted within the next few days? 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, you were wrong to think that your PIP award will help here. As your fit notes weren't regular during that year then it may not be taken into consideration. When you have a health condition what you're supposed to do is report a change of circumstances onto your journal and then report the fit notes, with no gaps.
    Your fit note was sent during your July/August assessment period but because you reported it in the middle of the assessment period this doesn't count, it has to be 3 full assessment periods. This means your waiting period is Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov.. LCWRA starts from AP 27th Nov to 26th Dec with first payment being 3rd Janaury.
    This advice is providing you don't claim UC with a partner and there's already a LCWRA element on your claim because you can only receive it once per claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lloydemp
    Okay thank you for explaining that for me I found it really confusing :) 

• lloydemp
    I’ve had pip longer than I’ve had UC so the change was never to add if you get me? 
  • poppy123456
    I understand what you mean but as advised UC LCWRA/LCW is completely different to PIP. 
    What your work coach should have done was advise you taking report your health condition. By doing this you would have had reminders to report another fit note once the existing one expired. 
    Was there any reason why you didn’t continue to send fires during that year? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    poppy123456 said:Was there any reason why you didn’t continue to send fires during that year? 
    Lovely typo, I know people get cross with DWP but not sure arson is an appropriate response!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said:Was there any reason why you didn’t continue to send fires during that year? 
    Lovely typo, I know people get cross with DWP but not sure arson is an appropriate response!

Oops! haha well spotted, thanks. I hope the OP new what i meant :#

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.