Hi, my name is MrsDoubtfire! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MrsDoubtfire!

Options
MrsDoubtfire
MrsDoubtfire Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I’m new and I’m here to ask for help for my daughter who has a toddler 2 and a half who is non verbal and we suspect is Autistic, she is at the end of her tether and has had no help at all from anyone ie doctors or language sector.
She has to sleep with her son and he will not sleep without her, his routine is bed with his Mum breastfeed just for comfort sleep for 20 mins Mum goes down to her other 5 boys and then hears him crying she goes up again repeats the above routine maybe 3 or 4 times then crawls into bed with him on the last wake up and then he sleeps maybe 2 hours then is awake for maybe 2 hours stimming then she may get another 2 hours sleep then up to look after the family.
I know this is not something she can keep up and I know there maybe a breaking point where Mum ends up being I’ll, my question to you all is
How can we get the help we need because we are desperate.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

7n sorry what your daughter is going through I would suggest speaking to her gp or contacting social services they can offer good advice on help that is available 

Does your daughter have any support from the father ? 

Sounds like she has a lot to manage 
  • MrsDoubtfire
    MrsDoubtfire Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your warm welcome
    We have tried Docs and are still waiting for a referral we are told it’s six months, will tell her about social worker who may be able to help, she is married but her partner works away so she is on her own apart from me, however I run my own business so am not present when working.
    I am going to ask her to join Scope as it looks like it could help her and maybe she could talk with people who understand 
    thank you
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are some great programs for parents and carers on here like navigate have a look in that section 

Unfortunately referrals for anything are taking a long time so the sooner started the better 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MrsDoubtfire

Wishing you a warm welcome to the community, I hope you had a nice Christmas and I'm sorry to hear about what your daughter is going through, it must be difficult as a parent to see the stress she is under. 

As mentioned previously, it could be worth contacting social services to see what support and advice they could offer, and your daughter would be more than welcome to join this community too as you suggested.

Scope have free services that are there to support parents of disabled children, those are Navigate and Parents Connect, so please feel free to have a look into those to see if they would fit for your daughter. There are also plenty of other discussions on the community that you might find relatable, such as those in our children, parents and families category.

Please let us know if there is anything else you need support with, and always feel free to get involved around the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness