PIP refused at renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP refused at renewal

honeypegg
honeypegg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had a PIP tribunal in 2020 and won, now my PIP is due to run out I have had to re-apply and I have been refused. Why have I been refused PIP now, when my mobility is worse? I am sending a MR letter, do I include a copy of the outcome from last years tribunal, stating that I won? Thanks for any advice. They make this whole thing so stressful and confusing.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,040 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    When you filled out the form did you include a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you? Including adding information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    A lot of people who are refused PIP because of poorly completed claim forms.
    You can put a copy of the Tribunal decision but personally i wouldn't because this is a new claim and a DWP decision maker has come to a different decision. I would concentrate on those real world examples.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • honeypegg
    honeypegg Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks Poppy, I had a 2 and a half phone assessment and then they sent the decision.

I wrote case scenarios for each descriptor, like falling or burning etc and told the assessor on the phone.

My mobility is worse so I will have to concentrate on preparing for yet another tribunal :( 
    I am off to post my MR letter now without the tribunal decision. Thanks again.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.