Universal credit cant get an answer either off my journal or phone calls — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit cant get an answer either off my journal or phone calls

kateebee
kateebee Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited December 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hope you all had a merry Christmas 🎅 
I have just stumbled upon this site. So glad I did
I actually suicidal with a matter I have with Universal credit 
 I cant get an answer either off my journal or phone calls.
I was awarded LWCRA from the 6/09/2021 so with my waiting period that takes me to 06/12/21
All I want to know is when I will get my first payment?
This is making me really worried and extremely anxious 
Can anyone help me please 🙏 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi,
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. This starts from when you first reported your health condition, providing you continued to send in fit notes without any gaps right up until the decision was made on your claim.
    When you'll receive your first payment will depend on exactly what date you first reported your health condition and what dates your assessment periods are (or what date you usually receive your monthly payment)
    This advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element in your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kateebee
    Thank you no I am single. I reported my condition of 6 Sept so does that mean I will get it in February? 
  • poppy123456
    It would be from either Dec/Jan but without knowing the dates of your assessment periods, or what date you normally receive your money it's not possible to tell you exactly when you'll receive it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kateebee
    I only get a small amount of UC as I get ESA will this make a difference? Thanks for your help 
  • poppy123456
    Your ESA is New style ESA which is deducted in full from any UC entitlement. This will remain the same but you should be placed into the Support Group for ESA with your money increasing to £114.10 per week from the 14th week of your ESA claim.
  • kateebee
    I  am sorry I still don't understand I get £228 a fortnight ESA I know Esa I'd taken into account.  Does this mean that I won't get anything for the LCWRA ?
     Am sorry I'm being a pain 
  • poppy123456
    That tells me that they’ve already placed you into the Support Group for ESA. 
    You will still receive the LCWRA element for UC.
  • kateebee
    Thank you for your help. When I first claimed I told them about my condition  universal credit take £494 off me because of esa and also £190 for a private pension.
    If I was awarded LCWRA in September waited 3 months they still can't tell me when I will be paid the extra. Going off what I have said do you think it will be in February  ?
    I get paid UC 1st of each month 

• poppy123456
    edited December 2021
    Are you claiming for help with any rent in with your UC? 
    If you’re not claiming for help with any rent then please check your UC statements are correct, it should have standard element plus the LCWRA element.. with deductions for your ESA and your pension. This would leave just a small amount of UC each month. 
  • kateebee
    Yes they take into account my rent which leaves me with  a small amount of UC have not had any element for LCWRA as yet 
  • poppy123456
    Did you claim UC after you claimed the ESA? If so were you already in the Support Group for ESA when you claimed UC? If you were then the LCWRA element would have been payable from the start of your UC claim.
    The reason i ask this is because you said you reported your health condition on 6th September but then also said you were awarded LCWRA on the same date.
  • kateebee
    I claimed Esa and was awarded and put in the support group I claimed UC at the same time was receiving SSP when that finished and was sacked I started to get a small amount of UC 
  • poppy123456
    Still confused with the timeline, sorry. If you were already in the Support Group for ESA when you claimed UC than as advised the LCWRA should have been paid from the start of your claim.
    Therefore you should put a note onto your journal under "payments" and ask about the LCWRA element and tell them that the deductions for your ESA support Group are being made each month.They will owe you some money for this also.
  • kateebee
    This is why I am so suicidal every time I put a note on my journal they either don't reply or they say there is a waiting period which I know.
    I used to be front line job centre staff years ago I know things have changed 
    I was off sick from my retail work so when my ssp was due to run out I claimed Esa and UC . Cut a long story sort my ssp wasn't due to run out so I wasn't entitled to UC although I got ESa when I was eventually let go from my job I started to get a small amount of UC
    I was in the support group Esa before I got UC
    in September I was told I was awarded the LCWRA by UC they won't tell me when I will be paid anything 
  • poppy123456
    Coming back to this, though i'm still confused by your timeline. As you're in the Support Group for ESA then the LCWRA should be in with your UC maximum entitlement. I'm going to tag a member of our admin team for further advice on this. @Adrian_Scope can you please help here.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited December 2021
    Hi @kateebee. I'm sorry to read you're having such a difficult time with UC. 

It sounds as though you had an assessment on ESA and were awarded Support Group but that this hasn't transitioned to your UC award. As @poppy123456 correctly mentioned, because you're in the support group on ESA you should have the LCWRA element on UC already.

Do you know what date you were put in the support group on ESA?

I notice you've said that you're feeling suicidal and obviously that makes me a bit worried. Mind have some really good resources on getting urgent help that might be worth reading. But if you are in crisis, it's really important you speak to someone able to support you. Please give Samaritans a call on 116 123, or if you feel like you might be in immediate danger, contact emergency services or go to your local hospital right away.
    In the meantime, I'm going to be emailing you just to check in, so if you'd like us to seek some local support for you, perhaps by way of a social care referral, please just let us know.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    kateebee said:
    I claimed Esa and was awarded and put in the support group I claimed UC at the same time was receiving SSP when that finished and was sacked I started to get a small amount of UC 
    Your narrative is very confusing. You cannot have been receiving SSP at the same time as claiming ESA because it is a condition of receiving ESA that you are not receiving SSP.

As others have said if you were already in the ESA Support Group when you claimed UC then you should have been getting the LCWRA element from the start of your UC award.

It might help if you could spell out
    When did you have to stop work and start getting SSP?
    When did you claim ESA?
    When did you claim UC?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kateebee
    I am very sorry I seem to have confused everybody. 
    You have all been really helpful 
  • poppy123456
    kateebee said:
    I am very sorry I seem to have confused everybody. 
    You have all been really helpful 

Further help can be given but you need to answer these questions..
    calcotti said:
    kateebee said:

When did you have to stop work and start getting SSP?
    When did you claim ESA?
    When did you claim UC?

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @kateebee. You haven't confused us or done anything wrong. It just sounds as though your claims haven't been handled correctly and may be missing elements you're entitled to and we're keen to help you. 

If you're able to tell us when your ESA increased to £228 a fortnight we should be able to help answer when your UC LCWRA element is meant to be paid from. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.