I received my back payment today. Does this include my first month's payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I received my back payment today. Does this include my first month's payment?

Cjames1608
Cjames1608 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi
I have just been awared PIP for the first time and received my back payment today. I havent received my decision  letter yet so was wondering if anyone can tell me if this amount will include this months payment or will this be sent seperately? Many.thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    The arrears payment will be calculated up to a certain date and the regular payment will be paid 4 weeks after that date. When you get the decision letter this will contain details.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cjames1608
    Ok thankyou. Am completely new to this. Have a happy new year
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Cjames1608 :) I'm glad that calcotti was able to clear that up for you. Congratulations on your PIP award, and I hope it's not too long until your decision letter comes through!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Also, just to let you know, I've tweaked the title of your post slightly. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Hi Cjames, that great news about your pip decision, how long ago was your assessment, i had mine the begining ov december, so just wondering what the wait times are.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    rayrar80 said:
    Hi Cjames, that great news about your pip decision, how long ago was your assessment, i had mine the begining ov december, so just wondering what the wait times are.

Timescales vary for everyone depending on a claimants case and backlogs depending on the area you live. As a guide it's anything from 2-12 weeks from the assessment to a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cjames1608
    @rayrar80 Apolgies for the delay in a response. My assessment was 3 weeks to the date of my first payment. I applied for PIP back in July but i know how busy they must be. The lady who assessed me said its usually 2-8 weeks but could be more depending on the case
  • netty7777
    netty7777 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Can I ask my partner not had a assessment had a ledge saying they don’t need any more evidence to make a decision on he’s pip he has serious mental health and already getting universal part off sick sign off with no futher date does this letter mean he still going to have a assessment or does it mean will make decision on he’s pip from he’s records etc did you receive a letter like this ? 
  • netty7777
    Letter that meant to say 
  • poppy123456
    netty7777 said:
    Can I ask my partner not had a assessment had a ledge saying they don’t need any more evidence to make a decision on he’s pip he has serious mental health and already getting universal part off sick sign off with no futher date does this letter mean he still going to have a assessment or does it mean will make decision on he’s pip from he’s records etc did you receive a letter like this ? 

Sounds like they've had a paper based assessment which is rare but possible. Nothing more you can do until a decision's been made. If it's first time claim and they're not transferring from DLA then money usually goes into the bank before you receive the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • netty7777
    Ok if I ring tomorrow for him will they have more information still closed for holidays today thank you poppy very helpful 
  • poppy123456
    The only other information to give will be if a decision's been made, if it hasn't there will be nothing to tell you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.