Will it make any difference to my new style esa payments if you resign due to health issues? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will it make any difference to my new style esa payments if you resign due to health issues?

Options
bullocksmithy
bullocksmithy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi if you are on new style esa in a support group but still officially employed but been off sick for nearly a year ,will it make any difference to my new style esa payments if you resign due to health issues and they would no longer be able to ever do that job again as advised by consultants

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    It will make no difference at all to your ESA Support Group if you quite your job. Although i wouldn't advise doing that without getting some expert advice from ACAS. https://www.acas.org.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bullocksmithy and welcome to the forum :) To help our users find your query I've moved it into our ESA category and changed the title slightly.

Has Poppy's reply been useful for you? Let us know how you get on with ACAS, and if you're still unsure about anything, we're here to help.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jayuk
    jayuk Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Options
    Hi i am just going through this process myself but i wouldn't resign, let them dismiss you on ill health grounds. Are you in the union ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.