Carers — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers

Eafs1985
Eafs1985 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
hii my partner has applied for career allowance for myself and now his Universel credit has stopped what benefit would he be entitled to now or how does Smirnoff work many thanks

Comments

• Sillymoo007
    Sillymoo007 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Have you been on the Smirnoff 😂😂😂
  • Eafs1985
    Omg stupid spell check haha
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    I’m assuming you mean carers allowance and not careers allowance? 
    The carers allowance will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement. Your partner needs to make sure they’ve reported being your carer onto their journal and then they will add the carers element onto his maximum entitlement.
     Are you claiming UC as a couple? If so does either of you work? 
    To be able to claim carers allowance the person you’re caring for needs to be claiming a qualifying disability benefit. 

Not sure what you mean by this..
    Eafs1985 said:
    how does Smirnoff work many thanks
    Extremely difficult to advise with no information given here. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Eafs1985
    Yes Carers Allowance and no we don’t work I’m on pip Andy universal credit I’ve just moved into hos house so we are away to do a joint claim
  • Eafs1985
    And universal cred sprry about the spelling spell check going mad lol
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2021
    If he isn’t claiming help for any rent and he’s under 25 then the carers allowance deducted from his UC will reduce it to zero.
    Before you moved in with him were you claiming any other benefits other than PIP? 
    If you already claim UC yourself then you need to report the changes that you’ve moved in with your partner. You will then be sent a code so you can link both of your UC claims together. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Eafs1985
    Year I am clamining universal cred And he’s 36 And pays rent
  • poppy123456
    Then i have no idea why his UC was stopped because he claimed Carers Allowance. You do need to claim UC as a couple though if you're living together.
  • Eafs1985
    Ok thank you when I link the two claims together will it take a while to get the claim up and running 
  • poppy123456
    No, you will have access to your journals as normal. Although I’m unsure whether the assessment periods dates will be yours or your partners existing ones. It will tell you all the information including payment dates once you’ve linked the claims. 

Brightness