Friendship /relationship blip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Friendship /relationship blip

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Is it only me or does anyone have issues with people around them, either family members or friends that always think and have to be "right" act as they know it all and even when proved that they are incorrect, will still argue the point 🤣I know this scenario sounds silly but it's starting to make me anxious, and when unwell I really am finding things /situations hard to cope with.
Thanks 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Hi

I have the same issue at the moment - very argumentative person and always right - similar to you it makes me unwell as argument or conflict makes me ill

Luckily for me it’s just a family member staying for a couple of weeks so I tend to just agree with them to keep them quiet in the knowledge that they will be gone in a few more days

Maybe that’s something you could try?

I accept sometimes it’s hard to agree even if you are pretending but worth a try maybe
  • Tammyjane33
    @Teddybear12 thank you for you're suggestion, I think I may have to try that. How are you doing 😊
  • Tammyjane33
    @66Mustang thankyou yes I may try that 😁
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I have the same problem my brother knows everything, luckily now our parents have both passed away we see very little of each other, truth be told I've never got on with him.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness