LCWRA. I've been asked to provide a health note. Have I been kicked off early? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. I've been asked to provide a health note. Have I been kicked off early?

Options
L888CMR
L888CMR Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi.
In January 2020 I qualified for LCW.
This award was for 27 months.
I have received a payment for £161 for not reason showing up as DWP RFD.
I now have a note on my journal asking me to provide a health note.
When iv counted the months iv had all ready been paid it only equals to 20 months.
Have I been kicked off early.
I don't understand.
Any one who can help me find out. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you've already been found to have LCW if this is a review started by DWP then you shouldn't need to send in more fit notes. If you've reported a change in health condition then yes you would need a fit note.
    If it's LCW you have there's no extra money for this, there's only extra money if you're found to have LCWRA.
    The timescale they give you for a review is nothing more than a guide and you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.
    Can't tell you what the payment of £161 is for, i'd advise you to put a note onto your journal to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    L888CMR said:
    I now have a note on my journal asking me to provide a health note.
    Unless you have reported a change in your health condition this is likely to be a mistake and you should query it and point out that you have LCW.

There is also a general relaxation on providing Fit Notes until 26th January in order to ease workload for GPs
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/la-welfare-direct-bulletins-2021/la-welfare-direct-lite-122021

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • L888CMR
    Options
    Hi it is LCWRA I am on.
    I have had no other contact from dwp
    Just a note for fit note.
    Am wondering if the £161 is half of the £340 I get monthly but I have getting those 2 weeks before my normal pay day. 
    Thanks for replys 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    L888CMR said:
    Hi it is LCWRA I am on.
    In that can you should not be asked for Fit Notes. Go back through your journal and find the message when you were originally informed atet you had LCWRA - it will tell you that you no longer need to provide Fit Notes. Then post a message in your journal referring back to the old message and ask why they are now requesting Fit Notes. 

As advised in my earlier message there is also currently a general relaxation of the requirement to provide Fit Notes. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-fit-note-a-guide-for-patients-and-employees
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • L888CMR
    Options
    Hi, yeah iv checked  said from January 2020 for 27 months.
    Am stressing out as its Bank Holiday and carnt do nothing today and has me worried. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your LCWRA in an ongoing award untill a new decision says others, it doesn't just stop.  The 27 month timescale is nothing more than a guide. The £161 is not half of your LCWRA element, so you will need to leave a message on your journal to ask what it's for.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I know it’s a worrying time, but it’s out of your control until tomorrow, try and keep busy today to avoid worrying as much. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The LCWRA element doesn't just stop unless you've either been found fit for work or a you've been placed into the LCW group, which seems very unlikely here.
    Once you're referred for another work capability assessment you'll receive a letter onto your journal, which can be at anytime.
  • L888CMR
    Options
    Thanks very much for everyones replys. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.