Daily Diary.... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daily Diary....

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
just been listening to my favourite Radio station. Times Radio.

Giles Brandreth was on and he was talking about keeping a daily diary.
This I have been doing now for a few years now. But it is not a traditional diary. 

It's the diary on my phone.
The reason I do this is because I have memory problems. Reading a brief description of a daily entrance will nine times out of ten spark a memory.
This is what I need. 

I used to think it was a bit of boring write up when I mentioned of all things what I have eaten for that day. But the above mentioned says he put this info into his Diary.

Obviously, I need a diary to sort of keep my hectic mind In order.

Without giving out any private details, what do you write in your diary? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't keep a diary as such although I used to, what I always have on the go is a list of things I need to do and it's great on my better days to be able to cross off a couple of jobs done.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I keep a diary for appointments and to record significant activities etc, but rarely do I record personal views etc. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've tried keeping a diary a few times in the past, but I was never able to stick to it. 

I'm glad that it helps to jog your memory @oldngrumpy :) I think you can write about whatever you want in your diary, regardless of whether you might think it's 'boring'.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ookpik
    Ookpik Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    The only diary  l keep are reminders not to forget about things. l even forget to write down the things l have forgotten to write down. So, l gave that up and chose to live with it rather than without it. l think that makes sense.
    Nature has all the answers. All we have to do is listen, and peace will prevail
  • Footloose
    Footloose Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    Hi everyone. I use a PC, the first one being a Spectrum, which I then upgraded to an Atari STe and nowadays an ordinary PC. With that, I use Google's Calendar because that also is accessible through my Smartphone - Having said that, whilst I'm well-versed in using that, I find the features on smartphones an absolute mystery! How people manage to copy, paste and transfer material from one source to another utterly baffles me!
  • Footloose
    Footloose Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    I suppose having problems with my short term memory, just doesn't help at all .... Get told something and within a minute it's 'overwritten' with something else I'm talking about. 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can all get a bit confusing @Footloose! So long as you find a method that works for you, that's the important thing :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness