My partner's been awarded LCWRA. Is the payment made separately to our UC payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My partner's been awarded LCWRA. Is the payment made separately to our UC payment?

Gothicgal
Gothicgal Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
My partner as been awarded LCWRA is that monthly payment of £343.97 separate to our UC payment or is it in with the UC as we have our UC fortnightly usally the 25th and the 8th each month.
I'm just waiting on mine results of my assessment .

Comments

• Gothicgal
    Thanks for letting me join x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's paid as part of your UC payments, UC is one benefit made up of many different elements. The extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported the health condition.
    If any backdated money is owed then this will be seperately to your usual money but it can take a few weeks to receive this.
    If you're claiming UC as a couple even if you're found to have LCWRA yourself, you won't receive any extra money for this because you can only receive the LCWRA once on the claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Gothicgal
     I was told by one of the work coaches that I would also get extra money if I was found unfit for work .
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Only one LCWRA element can be paid to a couple so if the LCWRA element is already included for your partner then you cannot have another one added for you regardless of the outcome.

Do either of you receive a disability benefit (DLA, PIP or AA?)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Gothicgal
    I have applied for PIP they refused so I sent in a mandatory reconsideration just waiting to hear back from them .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Gothicgal said:
     I was told by one of the work coaches that I would also get extra money if I was found unfit for work .

You were advised incorrectly. If you are found to have LCWRA and you're eventually awarded Daily living PIP then you can claim the LCWRA element and your partner can claim the Carers element if they look after you for at least 35 hours per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    poppy123456 said: You were advised incorrectly. 
    To be fair to work coach as partner has only just been awarded LCWRA at the time work coach gave the advice it was generally correct (but they should have qualified it).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Gothicgal
    Thanks for clarifying .
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @Gothicgal, I'm glad to see poppy123456 and calcotti have answered your question.

If there's anything else you need help with please don't hesitate to ask, and do feel free to explore the forum if you'd like, there's plenty of discussions to join in with on our categories page

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Gothicgal
    Hi my work coach told me yesterday that Im also unfit for work I applied for PIP in September last year and was refused so I sent in a mandatory reconsideration in November still heard back from if I ring them up to tell them I'm no longer fit for work with the DWP will that help towards my PIP claim x
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited January 2022
    PIP has nothing to do with been unfit for work, people work and claim PIP. So it won’t help. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.