Pip review. I received a text in September to say they've received it, but heard nothing else — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review. I received a text in September to say they've received it, but heard nothing else

Boggle
Boggle Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My claim does not run out until June 2022,i had to send my review form back in August 2021,i received an text last September to say the have received it, and nothing else, I'm at my wits end with worry

Comments

• Boggle
    Could someone please help me with some advice 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    As countless threads on this forum attest there are long delays for assessments to take place. Your claim is in a queue. There is still good time for an assessment to take place and a decision to be made before your existing award ends.
    Boggle said:
    Could someone please help me with some advice 
    I note your second post was about 30 minutes after your first. Please remember that people that reply on these threads do so in their own time. They are not just sitting around waiting to post replies as soon as somebody posts a query.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Calm down calcotti, the person posting might be a new member, may not know how this all works, try being a bit patient 👍
  • rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    Boggle, im sure someone will help u with a reply soon, replies can take a little while, don't worry.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with calcotti here. The OP posted their question and 30 minutes later commented asking for help. Those that regularly post here helping others freely do so in their own free time and we can't always reply as soon as someone posts a question.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Boggle :) As calcotti has explained, there are unfortunately some delays when it comes to assessments. This is normal, so try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I realise!). It's difficult to say exactly how long it'll be, as waiting times do vary quite a lot. 

I'm sure @boggle didn't mean to cause any offence with their statement. I imagine we can all relate to the feeling of being really worried about something and wanting an answer to help us calm our minds. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • calcotti
    rayrar80 said:
    Calm down calcotti, the person posting might be a new member, may not know how this all works, try being a bit patient 👍
    That's why I was explaining how the forum works to the OP. I wasn't being impatient.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    rayrar80 said:
    Boggle, im sure someone will help u with a reply soon, ..
    I thought I had - although others may want to make further comments.
  • Boggle
    I apologise for posting two queries, I don't expect that someone is sitting there just to accommodate my every whim, the first post was to explain my situation, and the second was because I had forgot to say, could someone please help me, I'm sorry if I caused offence
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    rayrar80 said:
    Boggle, im sure someone will help u with a reply soon, replies can take a little while, don't worry.

Calcotti has kindly answered the question, no further advice is needed other than to repeat what calcotti has already advised.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Boggle said:
    I apologise for posting two queries, I don't expect that someone is sitting there just to accommodate my every whim, the first post was to explain my situation, and the second was because I had forgot to say, could someone please help me, I'm sorry if I caused offence
    No offence taken - I misread it as you getting frustrated that you hadn't got an instant reply. 

Although you are likely to simply be told that you have to wait you can of course contact DWP if that will help your worry. If for some reason they have not been able to make a new decision by June they may extend your existing award.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.