Hi COVID-19. I'm worried about catching it — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi COVID-19. I'm worried about catching it

Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
edited January 2022 in Coffee lounge
I am so worried right now my place we're I live some residence have tested positive for it , I am still testing clear off it myself, it's making scared 😨 that I got it , fingers crossed it we'll go passed me , I have care's coming in  some of  them are off with it to ,  😭
Ajones 
Tagged:

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Try not to worry I am the same I test 4 times a week my mum has carers and I ask them to test before they come to my house I stay home and shop online and just walk in my local area 

It's a worrying time for us all and I know how you feel  hopefuly you will be ok 
  • Ashvinney
    Thanks 😊 for your reply

Ajones 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ashvinney

I am so sorry to hear you are in this situation. It is really worrying, especially for those of us who are particularly vulnerable. All I can say is I hope you will be okay! Have you got people who can go out for you if you find it easier to stay indoors? :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • alexis39
    alexis39 Community member Posts: 67 Connected
    Fingers paws crossed stay safe
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I just wanted to add my well wishes too, @Ashvinney. I can appreciate it'd be very stressful being in that situation. I had coronavirus recently, and am definitely now more paranoid about catching it again. 

Do you have an action plan in place for if you were to catch it? Fingers crossed you'll dodge it, but there's no harm in being prepared. For example, how you'd get food and medication in etc.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ashvinney
    I get my food delivered my career come with my meds , they are my worrier , as they go in other flat in is the building as I  live in very  sheltered housing
    Ajones 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ashvinney

I am really pleased to hear you have access to food and meds. If you need anything else, please just let us know. We are here for you and always listening to you. I hope you will be okay!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ashvinney your carers should be doing tests any way and should be wearing a mask whilst your in the room or if they don't then you can ask them to 
  • L_Volunteer
    edited January 2022
    Thanks @lisathomas50 for your continued support within our community. You are right, they should be doing these things unless they are exempt from wearing masks!  :)

Brightness