Hello - favourite movies recommendations x — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello - favourite movies recommendations x

alexis39
alexis39 Community member Posts: 67 Connected
edited January 2022 in Coffee lounge
Hi I’m alexis x
multiple disabilities x

looove horror and action movies/ tv shows
scream movies and tv show 
die hard
American horror story /stories

what are your favourites?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alexis39 :) I've moved your post into our coffee lounge so that more people will be able to see it and give you some recommendations. 

I'm not into horror, so tend to avoid it. However, my housemate and I watched Midsommar a while back and got pretty creeped out. I believe it's categorised as a horror. Viewer discretion is definitely advised :D Have you seen it?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • alexis39
    @Tori_Scope thank you x
    i like more slasher horror but I have seen midsummer to and yes creepy more phychological horror I think 😆

Big Bang theory and friends are my fav comedy though 
  • Tori_Scope
    Yeah definitely more psychological, with the odd gruesome bit, from what I remember @alexis39! I recall we had to look away a few times. I enjoy thrillers more than horrors really. 

Would you say you enjoy sitcoms, then? Scrubs was always one of my favourites.

• Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    edited January 2022
    I still like the horror and action genres but my tolerance levels have softened due to ptsd.

Do you watch Asian horror? There’s a new Netflix series from the creator of Train to Busan that’s called Hellbound.

Slasher movies are cool. I loved the Scream series growing up. It was clever, funny and intelligent.

Years ago, I was also really fortunate to meet Robert England aka Freddy Krueger.

District 13 and Nemesis are a couple of action/sci if movie recommendations if you haven’t seen them.

Dog Soldiers is a good British indie horror. Ginger Snaps is another good werewolf movie.

Are you a fan of the Troma movies? 

In terms of action, I only really watch The Witcher nowadays, but I loved a lot of the cult tv from the 90s and 2000s.

I’ve seen a few seasons of American Horror Story. I liked the one set in the hotel.
  • alexis39
    @Autumn_Feeling loved dog soldiers haven’t seen hellbound but did add it to my watch list x 

I love hotel season and the coven but the new seasons on Disney are brilliant especially the one based on 80s slasher camp one

not heard of troma 
  • alexis39

@Tori_Scope yea I pretty much love all movies and tv except romance and true stories as there’s never a happy ending atleast in most slasher horror or movies or tv like Buffy the vampire slayer there’s a hero or survivor lol

scrubs was funny I liked turq don’t think that’s how spell it
  • Tori_Scope
    That's true @alexis39! I really enjoy documentaries, but there's certainly not always a happy ending. 

I think it's 'Turk'. I agree though- his and JD's friendship was great :D Dr Cox was one of my favourite characters too, along with Ted and of course the Janitor. 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you seen Saw?

It's a horror film series and quite gory. If you like a slasher film maybe you would like it.

I can't say I'd watch it now with all my psychological issues!!!! But as a teenager I used to like it.
  • alexis39
    Love the saw movies I actually like the latest two better now jigsaw and book spiral 

sorry you can’t enjoy them now I even use them to go to sleep to 😆 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I recently watched Doctor sleep a sequel to The Shining, scary. I also like needful things.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• alexis39
    @leeCal thanks I haven’t seen them will add to my list x
  • alexis39
    @66Mustang sorry meant to tag you in the reply Love the saw movies I actually like the latest two better now jigsaw and book spiral 

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    Hi alexis39,

Welcome to the group.

I have a very diverse interest in both films and TV. My favourite films of the horror genre are: a nightmare on Elm Street series & Childs Play. I would say both of these are part of the more flasher horror gene. 
    I also like psychological horror, titles include: what lies beneath and case 39. I wouldn’t recommend both of these movies if you had not seen them.
    I also enjoyed the light-hearted comedy stuff on TV such as: Gavin and Stacey: men behaving badly, friends and most recently I watched the big bang theory over Christmas. 

I hope you find something. 

Regards
    CSno01
  • csno01
    Hi @Autumn_Feeling
    this cream trilogy is a good series. I also enjoyed scary movie
    Wow. I bet meeting Robert Englund was awesome. Where did you meet him? I hope I didn’t give you nightmares. LOL.
  • alexis39
    @csno01
    thank you x
    love chucky movies seen what lies beneath years ago to but not case 39 

charmed Big Bang theory are what I rewatched over Christmas love kaley cuoco in charmed and Big Bang theory 
  • csno01
    @alexis39
    give case 39 a go. It will take your interest in horror at your new level. It certainly did me. 

Can you watch a horror film by yourself or do you need someone with you? I can. 
  • Autumn_Feeling
    Autumn_Feeling Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    edited January 2022
    alexis39 said:
    @Autumn_Feeling loved dog soldiers haven’t seen hellbound but did add it to my watch list x 

I love hotel season and the coven but the new seasons on Disney are brilliant especially the one based on 80s slasher camp one

not heard of troma 

Troma entertainment have made low budget horror movies since the mid seventies. The Toxic Avenger and Class Of Nukem High are a couple of their most famous ones. Terror Firmer is a slasher movie that was co written by James Gunn. (Guardians Of The Galaxy and Slither.) He also wrote Tromeo & Juliet.

csno01 said:
    Hi @Autumn_Feeling
    this cream trilogy is a good series. I also enjoyed scary movie
    Wow. I bet meeting Robert Englund was awesome. Where did you meet him? I hope I didn’t give you nightmares. LOL.
    He was a real gentleman. His Freddy Krueger laugh was awesome but chilling in person. I met him in Glasgow back in 2007. Think he also featured in an episode of Charmed.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    alexis39 said:

Haha that’s funny 

Brightness