Hi, my name is Ivor121! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ivor121!

Ivor121
Ivor121 Community member Posts: 233 Courageous
edited January 2022 in Start here and say hello!
I just turned 60 in May last year, i have back problems and pains in legs, high blood pressure, Psoriasis, also have depression so have mood swings panic attacks, hoping to make friends as I'm also single and live alone and need someone to talk to now and again.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Welcome to the community @Ivor121, lovely to meet you. I'm sure you'll enjoy getting involved here so please feel free to have a look around and get involved. The virtual coffee lounge is a good place to start, we have plenty of interesting games and discussions going on in that category.

Thank you for introducing yourself, and I'm sorry to hear that you experience loneliness, hopefully being on the community helps ease that. Do you receive support to manage your conditions such as for your mental health?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ivor121
    Thank you Ross for the welcome, I referred myself to Greenwich Time to talk, back in August last year, they in turn referred me to primary care, but I never heard from them, have not been at my best over Christmas but made it through, have now referred myself back to time to talk and have another telephone assessment on 4th February, hopefully will get some kind of help
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ivor121 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me also. Thank you for joining & sharing about yourself. It's good to see you joining in with the posts in the 'Coffee lounge' already. :)
  • Ivor121
    Thank you both I find it helps posting in the coffee lounge, playing the games, I think it's important to take part and  it helps to take your mind off of the situation of being alone, I'm on the internet a lot, playing word games, farm games, and a war game, all of them have co-ops, teams and guilds, and it can feel like being in a family, I'm on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, like I said I does help but I still get days were I feel alone, my lovely pet dog charlie died just before lockdown couple of years back, would love to get another pet dog but feel I would not be able to look after it, the way I feel, enought about me, I have lots to talk about, most of it very sad, time to try to sleep just taken my sertraline tablet good night all 
  • Ross_Alumni
    I'm glad you enjoy playing games @Ivor121, and that it helps you feel better. Hopefully the telephone assessment at the start of February goes well and you are able to receive some support.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hello @Ivor121

How are you? I have seen you getting involved elsewhere on the community in recent days which is nice to see, but I thought I'd post back here to have a check in with you :) 

Brightness