New claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New claim

Options
Liquidgalaxy2
Liquidgalaxy2 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I Applied for pip on 20th October and I have sent the forms back to them but i am still waiting for a desion from them theyve only contacted me to say that they have received the forms would it be okay to call them on Monday to see what's going on as when I called them in October they said that it takes ten to twelve weeks to get a desion
Sorry about spelling mistakes any advice or information would be appreciated 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

New pip claims are taking up to 10 months to complete 

You will most likely have an assessment with health cars provider which will be what you are waiting for and there is around 6 month wait for these 

They then do a report to send to decision maker and this can take up to another 12 weeks approx 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    They then do a report to send to decision maker and this can take up to another 12 weeks approx 
    To clarify, doing the report is usually done within 24 hours of the assessment but for the Decision Maker to make a decision can take up to 12 weeks.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You were advised in your previous thread that timescales from start to finish is about 10 months. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/87257/new-to-pip-how-long-does-it-usually-take-to-get-an-assessment-or-decision#latest
    The 10-12 week timescale you were advised is very optimistic, even in normal times. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hadn’t spotted it was an OP returning to ask the same question as a previous thread they started.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.