Hi, my name is pptt123! Will my LCWRA be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is pptt123! Will my LCWRA be backdated?

pptt123
pptt123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can anyone help me please I have been handing fit notes in since January 2021 and had my assessment in December and had a decision to say I have been accepted for LCWRA Will I be backdated for this please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    When it’s paid from will depend on when you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods, or what date you usually receive you payments. Without knowing those exact dates it’s impossible to tell you exactly when it’s paid from but it will be either May or June. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Hello and welcome to the community @ppt1, it's nice to see you join and I hope you are well this Saturday morning!

It seems as though it has been a very long process for you since the start of last year, you must be relieved to have been awarded LCWRA. I hope the above reply has been helpful regarding backpayments, but you also might find it useful to read our Universal Credit category which contains related discussions from other members. 

I look forward to seeing you get involved around the community, I would recommend paying a visit to the virtual coffee lounge to get involved with some of the many games.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.