Hi, my name is Grandma1! Worried Grandma with 8month old grandson — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Grandma1! Worried Grandma with 8month old grandson

Options
Grandma1
Grandma1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Worried Grandma with 8month old grandson, possible cp has constant screaming issues for long periods. No one able to placate/calm/soothe him. Anyone else experience this. Very stressful. Not healthy for sibling. Is this a sympton please? 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,963 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Grandma1 welcome to the forum. Have you spoken to gp about it and ruled anything out? Also the health visitor  might be able give advice on baby. 
    Here is a link you may find helpful
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cerebral-palsy/symptoms/
     Hope you can get baby sorted soon
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @Grandma1 and welcome to the community, thanks for introducing yourself and explaining a bit about your situation. 

You've joined a very supportive and welcoming community, which I'm sure you'll enjoy getting involved in. Please feel free to have a look around and ask any questions that you may have.

I'm sorry to hear about what your family is going through, it sounds really difficult. Has your grandson's GP been spoken with about the situation? They might be able to advise on what may be causing the screaming, and how you can overcome it.

I have moved your discussion over to our children, parents and families category, which you might like to browse for related discussions.  We also have a CP category which you can access here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Grandma1
    Options
    Thamks for your welcome. Daughter wont ask health visitor if itsca symptom. Sisterin law says her her adopted child same also, so guess we still have to wait. Thanks
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Thanks for your response @Grandma1, and for explaining a bit more of the context, I really appreciate it. Is there any particular reason why your daughter feels hesitant about asking the health visitor? 

Scope have services that are there to support parents of disabled children, which are Navigate and Parents Connect, you might find it helpful to read a bit more about what they offer and point your daughter towards them. 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Grandma1
    Options
    Thankyou. I will send her info ln parents connect & navigate. Whatever i suggest is not taken up! Its very sad. Im disabled now too so im not able to help much. Do what i can tho its
     Regarded as interfering & out dated. Tho ive had 3 daughters myself! Im old school! Think she & partner will need outside support in future. Sadly i dont fit the bill! Thanks. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your daughter isn't overly receptive to your help and support @Grandma1, that must be quite frustrating and saddening. It's clear to me that you have the best intentions and just want to help as best as you can.

I hope they find the information helpful, as you say perhaps some outside help might be better received. 

Brightness