Hello again. I hope everybody is okay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello again. I hope everybody is okay

monsieur
monsieur Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
edited January 2022 in Mental health and wellbeing
Last year i was writing here about my depression and struggles to get Universal Credit when i lived in supported accommodation...
I just want to let you know, that I am under a doctor now, and started to take anti-depressants. Yesterday i had a phone chat with a therapist, but she told me that I need a psychiatrist, so she made a referall and a psychiatrist will contact me soon...

How is everyone's mental health today??? :)

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @monsieur and thanks for the update, it's great to hear that you are receiving support, you must be very happy about that. Hopefully the psychiatrist doesn't take too long to get in touch!

My mental health is alright today thank you, I hope you are having a pleasant Saturday.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • monsieur
    Hi, thank you.
    Yeah, my mate has helped me with getting a doctor, and last week I called my GP and said I get too nervous and stressed out around other people and I need some meds to calm me down. Is that a disability??

Thanks, I am going for a walk soon :). The weather has been horrible since last month... Rain, mud... :P
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @monsieur

Your friend sounds lovely, I'm glad he helped you out! And yes, a mental health condition can be considered a disability under the Equality Act 2010.

I hope you enjoy your walk, the weather has been quite mixed. I think we had the warmest New years Day on record, but there have been a few chilly days dotted around that.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • monsieur
    Yeah... The sky is beautiful tonight :D. Stars and a shiny moon 
    Yesterday i spoke to a nurse from a hospital and she asked me questions to make sure I will be okay, so she asked me if I want to commit a suicide, and I said no, ugh... I am happy person now
    I told her that I had rough time in January last year, but I am happy now.

Those anti-depressants are okay. I will be having a therapy soon, I think. Glad to receive support in this Country. :) 

• Ross_Alumni
    Thanks for getting back to us @monsieur, I'm glad to hear that you are happy these days :) It's good that the nurse checks on you and cares for your welfare

Brightness