Pip calling home office — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip calling home office

oliver3
oliver3 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm new with pip and I'm at the final stage i received letter saying that "we have all information we need" i was 3 weeks ago so I gave them a call yesterday and they told me that they on final stage waiting for home office to reply. My question is it normal for them to contact home office and is it a part of process and for what purpose they contact them? Sorry if my question sounds weird but I'm new with pip and had this question in mind which DWP couldn't answer.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    If they are contacting Home Office it suggests that you are not a UK national and they are checking that you are entitled to receive PIP. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • oliver3
    oliver3 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    calcotti said:
    If they are contacting Home Office it suggests that you are not a UK national and they are checking that you are entitled to receive PIP. 
    Thanks for your answer. That makes sense. Is there any minimum requirements for how long I must've lived in UK to receive PIP ? I've been living here for 5 years now.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Whether or not you are eligible will depend on your immigration status. If you have been here for 5 years you will meet the residence conditions (at least two years out of the last three).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.