P45 from ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P45 from ESA

liliana
liliana Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi, I recived recently an P 45 from ESA , honestly I do not understand why.I apllied for ESA new stile but I recived an informal letter explained can not obtain ESA for 15 week, the date when I applied.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi @liliana I'm afraid I don't have the expertise to help answer your query, but I've marked it as unanswered for now, so that our members can find it more easily. 

Please do let us know if you're unsure about anything else in the meantime.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you actually received any ESA? What does the P45 say?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • liliana
  • liliana
    I did not recived any ESA
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Another thread of yours suggests that you’re potentially still receiving SSP from your employer. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/86501/p45-ssp1-form#latest
    As advised you can’t receive payments from ESA while still claiming SSP. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    liliana said:
    I did not recived any ESA
    What does the P45 show? If it shows nil then no harm is done. I imagine it has accidentally been generated because your claim has been closed as you are not eligible due to being in receipt of SSP.

If you are within three months of the end of your SSP and have form SSP1 from your employer you can make an advance claim for ESA but are not entitled to e paid anything until the SSP has ended.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • liliana
  • liliana
    i am in pain every day 24 hours with ,wrist ,fingers,my shoder ,elbow , and my back lower and up , i have joints pain, my leg and knee ,now i use a walking support with wheels and seat.from june until february 2022 i could not going to job, i have osteoarttritis, and i was in hospital under tratament and oxigen for cov 19. i struglle with breath, i am tired after 10 minutas of walking, i can not climb or dawn the step.I AM FORIGN,and i fill i am discriminated by doctors GP , when i asked for a referall for anMRI TO MY WOLE BACK, i waited one year ,when i asked the gp ,answer was the hospitals cancelled my referall. i call the hospital and they said has not recived any referral for my .i can not doing my job HCA,OR HOUSEKEEPER IN HOSPITAL.THE LAST SICK NOTE IS NOT FITT FOR WORK , BUT IS LIKE THAT ,, I WILL/I  WILL not need to assess your fitness for work again,, THE DOCTOR KNOW THAT THINGS FALLS FROM MY HAND AND I USE A WALKER FRAME ,  HOW CAN GO TO JOBS. I DO NOT KNOW THE LOW . MY QUESTION IS CAN I GET A NEW FIT NOTE AFTER 7 FEBRUARY 2022 WNE EXPIRED THE SIK NOTE ? APPRECIATE ANY ANSWER,PLEASE,THANKS

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    (Removed by moderator. This comment has been edited by a moderator in line with our policy of Keep It Friendly. It's good to be mindful of the language we use and how that might make someone feel, especially during a difficult time.)
    Remember we are in the midst of a pandemic that's where resources are being directed.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• liliana
    THANKS FOR ANSWER, I NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHY THE GP WROTE  IS NOT FITT FOR WORK ,BUT  ,,I  WILL not need to assess your fitness for work again,, THE DOCTOR KNOW THAT THINGS FALLS FROM MY HAND AND I USE A WALKER FRAME, THIS MEANING GP won't he issue me another medical note?thanks
  • calcotti
    We can only speculate as to why GP has written they will not need to assess you again. Note that this doesn't mean the same thing as they will not issue a Fit Note. It may mean that they are happy to issue another Fit Note without seeing you again. Only they can tell you.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I am capable of apologising and do so in full if I have caused any offence or upset, pleased that scope moderated what I said, my only excuse is that I'm feeling really ill atm with having covid. :(
    Once again sorry.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• liliana
    Thanks  so much for all yours advices, I feel I am not alone. as for writing in capital letters, I didn't even think about it, my mind didn't make a difference, I not was mental there😒

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.