Clos-mat shower toilet wash/dry — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Clos-mat shower toilet wash/dry

Options
Gill53
Gill53 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
hi there I'm Gill and had a clos-mat toilet put in with a grant by Oxfordshire Council/ Sovereign Housing Association in 2012.
This has been a godsend and I am completely lost without it.The toilet stopped working on 23-12-2021 and a plumber was sent by Sovereign H.A, he couldn't fix it so reported back and three days later another plumber, this time from Oxford Mobility came but again couldn't fix it. His recommendation was that the water pressure was too low to re-fill the toilet and the problem reverted back to the housing association.
As a background to my needs, I have MS, COPD Cauda Equina a supra pubic catheter and a sacral nerve stimulator in situ to stem and help my lack of bowel control.
so.... the fact that I have had no facilities since the 23-12-2021 including no cold water in the sink has been and continues to be a huge problem for me. The suggestion from the housing association has varied from " use your commode " ( where do I empty it?) to " use a neighbour's toilet " ( I have a stairlift and can't use the stairs!) 
So today, 10-01-2022 Clos-mat, the manufacturer, is 'apparently' coming at some point to have a look at the problem.
 I am beside myself with both infection due to the open wound from my catheter and not being able to keep clean, and having to drive 6 miles to the nearest supermarket to use their loo !!
i don't know what else to do now, this situation surely can't be allowed to continue can it? 
I'm sorry that my first conversation with you guys is such a moaning one but I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas about what to do??
G L Grundy 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Gill53 thanks for reaching out, I'm so sorry to hear about the situation with your toilet, and I hope someone from Clos-mat can help resolve it quickly for you.

It's a little worrying to hear about "infection due to the open wound from my catheter and not being able to keep clean", is this something that is happening right now? Have you spoken to your GP about the situation? I would advise speaking to them and/or calling 111 if you are experiencing an infection, just to make sure you're getting the support you need. 

Do you receive any support from the council from your day to day care? If so, I would contact them as well.

Keep us updated, and if there's anything else we can do to help further, please do just ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wazza57
    wazza57 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Gill53 said:
    hi there I'm Gill and had a clos-mat toilet put in with a grant by Oxfordshire Council/ Sovereign Housing Association in 2012.
    This has been a godsend and I am completely lost without it.The toilet stopped working on 23-12-2021 and a plumber was sent by Sovereign H.A, he couldn't fix it so reported back and three days later another plumber, this time from Oxford Mobility came but again couldn't fix it. His recommendation was that the water pressure was too low to re-fill the toilet and the problem reverted back to the housing association.
    As a background to my needs, I have MS, COPD Cauda Equina a supra pubic catheter and a sacral nerve stimulator in situ to stem and help my lack of bowel control.
    so.... the fact that I have had no facilities since the 23-12-2021 including no cold water in the sink has been and continues to be a huge problem for me. The suggestion from the housing association has varied from " use your commode " ( where do I empty it?) to " use a neighbour's toilet " ( I have a stairlift and can't use the stairs!) 
    So today, 10-01-2022 Clos-mat, the manufacturer, is 'apparently' coming at some point to have a look at the problem.
     I am beside myself with both infection due to the open wound from my catheter and not being able to keep clean, and having to drive 6 miles to the nearest supermarket to use their loo !!
    i don't know what else to do now, this situation surely can't be allowed to continue can it? 
    I'm sorry that my first conversation with you guys is such a moaning one but I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas about what to do??
    Hi sorry you had this problem under the Equaulity Act 2010 you have rights your landlords need to install a new toilet asap as its discrimination to leave a disabled person without an acsessible toilet for more than 1 week as that toilet is part of your care..im disabled too and had the same problem was left nearly 2 years without a loo...i took leagil action and got compensated and for your landlords to tell you to use your comode is an insult id sue them for saying that too..disibility is a protected carictoristic...hope you get it sorted 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wazza57 said:
    Gill53 said:
    Hi sorry you had this problem under the Equaulity Act 2010 you have rights your landlords need to install a new toilet asap as its discrimination to leave a disabled person without an acsessible toilet for more than 1 week as that toilet is part of your care..im disabled too and had the same problem was left nearly 2 years without a loo...i took leagil action and got compensated and for your landlords to tell you to use your comode is an insult id sue them for saying that too..disibility is a protected carictoristic...hope you get it sorted 

This thread is almost 1 year old so hopefully they have now had their toilet sorted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness