I think my PIP backpay is too low. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I think my PIP backpay is too low.

Options
Aella
Aella Community member Posts: 23 Connected
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for a higher rate of PIP in February, had the reassessment in around June/July, at which they awarded me zero points and stopped my PIP altogether.  I appealed and won, and in November got a letter saying that I was getting the highest amount of PIP.  I got about £2326 backpay, but it seems too low.  I am no mathematician, and do please point out if I've made a glaring error.

So, from February, while waiting for my assessment, my PIP payments carried on being paid at £60 a week.  The letter says I should have been getting a total of £152 a week.  So minus the £60 a week I was getting, the backpay from February to July should be 
152 - 60 = 92 a week
= 368 a month
= 1840 for 5 months (up to and including July)

My last PIP payment before it was stopped was July, so I should get backpay for the full amount for Aug, Sept and Oct:
152 x 12 weeks = 1824

1840 + 1824 = 3664

I only got £2326 backpay.  it seems to me they should have given me another £1338.  Am I wrong?  

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.