Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

snoozeanne
snoozeanne Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening everyone.  Best wishes all.   I am trying to prove the asssesor had lied about our phone assessment.  Any advice would be so very helpful.  I have no help.   I don’t know where to turn. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Accusing an assessor of lying will not get you a benefit award. You may want to highlight some key points to show where they have got facts wrong or misunderstood how your health conditions affect you but what you should be focused on the evidence that shows why you should be awarded the relevant benefit (you don't say which it is) with relevant anecdotal evidence. Numerous threads on the forum on this subject.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    You can't prove that any lies were told during any assessment. When the report is writen it's their opinion based on everything you said during the assessment and everything you sent to support your claim. It's not there for them to write what you said word for word.
    Trying to prove any lies will not get you anywhere. It can infact damage your case, if this gets to Tribunal.
    What you need to do is put the report/decision to one side and concentrate on where you think you should have scored points... if this is for a PIP claim.
    If this is for the work capability assessment then you need to state which group you think you should be placed into and why.
    Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attemped that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • snoozeanne
    thanks for your replies.   I do understand that accusations aren’t helpful.  I have been getting the UC limited work benefit and this is for PiP mental health/ associated illness. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    LCW and PIP are two different benefits with totally different criteria. 
    Whether you can score enough points to qualify for an award for PIP will totally depend how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    For expert advice start here https://advicelocal.uk/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • snoozeanne
    Yes I have help. Thank you all for your time 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Hi @snoozeanne I'm glad to see our members have been able to reassure you and point you in the direction of some advice for your next steps. Scope has a clear overview of what's involved in challenging a DWP decision, which you might like to read as well.

If you're unsure of anything, or need any other help, please do let us know :) To help any of our members find your post more easily, I've just moved it over into our PIP category.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.