What is your opinion on Reasonable Adjustments within Online Recruitment? - Dissertation Survey — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your opinion on Reasonable Adjustments within Online Recruitment? - Dissertation Survey

Options
Ob20
Ob20 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hello,

My name is Olivia Blackhall, and I am a final year student at Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh, currently writing my dissertation.

The purpose of this dissertation is to identify and evaluate reasonable adjustments that are available for disabled candidates during the online recruitment process. This study aims to discover disable peoples actual experiences of online recruitment and reasonable adjustments, and their own personal opinions regarding this area.

If you have participated in online recruitment within the UK, I would greatly appreciate any responses from you. I believe that this will be a great opportunity for my research, and for people with disabilities to communicate their opinions regarding reasonable adjustments and the online recruitment process.

The link for the survey can be found below. It takes roughly 10-15 minutes to complete depending on how much you wish to share and is completely anonymous.

https://hwsml.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bD9CIdb0QrZLwLY

I would greatly appreciate any responses to this e-survey. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message here, or send me an email on the address which can be found within the survey information sheet.

Please feel free to share with your peers and other interested parties.

Thank You :)

Tagged:

Comments

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks for posting @Ob20 :) 

Hopefully some of our members will engage in your survey - the research sounds very interesting!
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 563 Pioneering
    Options
    I don't know if it'll help but I've experienced many types of recruitment, and with all of them if I ever so mention a word of my illness or disabilities then I get no responses from them. But If I don't mention it I pass all the recruitment stages and get the job.

They say theres not meant to be discrimination within recruitment but I've seen this happen so many times and stories on this forum.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your project @Ob20 and good luck with your Dissertation!

events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Username_removed

This will likely be due to protecting your anonymity. If you want to contact @Ob20 you would be more than welcome to. @Ob20 has said, "If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message here, or send me an email on the address which can be found within the survey information sheet." I hope this helps! And I am wishing you all the best of luck with your research @Ob20 :) 
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.