Hi, my name is Sammac! I'm recovering from severe M.E. Looking to make friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sammac! I'm recovering from severe M.E. Looking to make friends

Sammac
Sammac Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited January 2022 in Coffee lounge
Recovering from severe M.E. Looking to make friends and start a social life in the Southport/Formby/Merseyside area. I am 24.

Comments

• Sammac
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hey @Sammac :) 

Welcome to the community, how are you today? 

Thanks for telling us a little bit about yourself :) I'm actually based in Liverpool and love living here. What's your favourite part about Merseyside? 

To get started, the coffee lounge is a great place to meet new people and play some fun games :) we also have a range of different categories, that you might enjoy contributing to.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please just let us know.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sammac

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

I am sure you will make friends here on Scope's forum. I think we are a supportive and friendly community and I hope you will find the same! Would you like to start by telling us more about your interests? It would be great to get to know you.

In addition to the wonderful links @Libby_Scope has already provided, I am wondering if you have come across our discussion sections about chronic pain and management and rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions? If you are interested, you can find them at https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/undiagnosed_rare_conditions and https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/chronicpain

If you are hoping to make friends in Southport/Formby/Merseyside, I am wondering if you have managed to join any local groups? They may be more likely to help to facilitate your wishes. 

Take care for now and I am looking forward to hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sammac
    I love the woodlands at Formby. What is your favourite part of Liverpool.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I've never been to Liverpool properly, so I don't really know my way around @Sammac. What do you like most about the woodland at Formby? 

I'd also be interested in knowing whether you've tried joining any social groups or clubs. I'm a similar age to you, and know it can be a difficult age to make new friends! Do you have any particular hobbies or interests?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Sammac
    I have joined a local chess club. I enjoy sport and meditating. HBU?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    The chess club sounds good @Sammac :) Have you met anyone there that you might like to be friends with? 

What kinds of sports do you enjoy? I always used to be doing at least one sport, but I haven't since the pandemic started.

I quite often feel as though I'm 'between hobbies', especially since the pandemic! I'm quite into doing paint by numbers at the moment, and I enjoy doing sudoku and other puzzles too. Other than that, just the usual stuff like watching TV. 

I'm hoping to attend a new social group with a friend soon, but I'm not sure what kind we're going to try out yet.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness