LCWRA. When should I receive my first payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. When should I receive my first payment?

glow2004
glow2004 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Question please

Effective from: 23 August 2021 has a health condition that restricts their ability to work or look for work.
LCWRA Accepted 14 January 2022
Assessment period: 20 to 19
universal credit payment 26th each month..
when should receive first payment please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    If you reported your health condition on 23rd August 2021 then this was in the August/sept AP. Therefore your waiting period is as follows.. Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA element starts from AP 20th Dec - 19th Jan with first payment being 26th Jan 2022. No backdated money is owed.
    This is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner and there's already a LCWRA element on your claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • glow2004
    glow2004 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    If you reported your health condition on 23rd August 2021 then this was in the August/sept AP. Therefore your waiting period is as follows.. Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA element starts from AP 20th Dec - 19th Jan with first payment being 26th Jan 2022. No backdated money is owed.
    This is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner and there's already a LCWRA element on your claim.

Thank you very much

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.