Waiting for pip tribunal. I thought from x-ray results and sick notes they'd see I'm going downhill — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for pip tribunal. I thought from x-ray results and sick notes they'd see I'm going downhill

trixie2013
trixie2013 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I keep sending medical evidence x ray results and long term sick notes to pip. They respond with a letter saying they have received new evidence but it does not show any change in how the disability affects me.
I thought clearly they should see via the notes that I must be going downhill not better 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Sick notes are not classed as evidence for a PIP claim because PIP isn't about not being able to work. X rays are not the best evidence either because it's not going to tell them exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    Also do be aware that the Tribunal will not take into consideration any worsening of condition since the assessment took place.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    If you haven't already clearly stated where and why you think you should have scored those points, giving a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were, then you'll be better off spending your time doing this. This can be sent for your submission and should be sent to HMCTS and not DWP. Much better doing this than to continue to send evidence which isn't going to be helpful.
    Fit/sick notes are for benefits such ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • trixie2013
    I really don’t know why I’m bothering them as it is clear that the condition has got worse.
  • poppy123456
    Even if you started a new claim, a worsening of condition must be present for at least 3 months. A worsening of condition doesn't mean you'll automatically be able to score more points. You still have to fit the descriptors to be able to score the points needed for an award.
    At this stage i'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• trixie2013
    I will give up as I’ve been honest to the end, not lied about how it affects me there is nothing more to be done. I asked my doctors if I could have a letter from them saying how I am, they don’t get involved in claims. I have gone from being able bodied to reduced to using a walking stick wheelchair and mobility scooter all paid for by myself. I can do no more but thank you for your help and advice, this is why genuine claimants give up, my workplace will not allow me to work due the nature of my employment 
  • poppy123456
    PIP isn’t about being unable to work. It’s entirely your decision whether you carry on with Tribunal or give up. We also can’t tell you whether you would score enough points needed for an award because we don’t know anything about how your conditions affect you. 
    If you haven’t given those real world examples then you haven’t done everything you can do. 
    You’re focusing on the wrong things which is also wasting your time. A letter from a GP isn’t the best evidence either because a GP will not spend any time with you to watch you dress/undress, prepare a meal, wash/bathe etc etc. 
  • trixie2013
    But when I’ve told the assessor this in the first place and she decided I could do it I cannot carry on its pointless and I see why people are at the end of their tether just trying to prove themselves I have even begged for them to see me in person but they only want to do telephone calls or video calls this is no good how can they get a correct picture of my daily life 
  • poppy123456
    The assessment is done and dusted now, you're at Tribunal stage. The only way they can get a true picture of how your conditions affect you is to give those real world examples, have you actually done this? Just telling them you can't do something isn't enough.
  • trixie2013
    Well thanks but I’ve now given up 
  • poppy123456
    We are trying to help you here by advising you on the things you should be doing and the things that aren't so good. We can only point you in the right direction, we can't do it for you. Waiting times are no where near as long as they were before the pandemic, which is a very good thing.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.