pip phone interview. Is it something to worry about? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip phone interview. Is it something to worry about?

harris1986
harris1986 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there i gota letter september for a review of my pip i got a letter saying they do a phone interview is this something too worry about or as its only a ohone interview should i be less concerned just really worried

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It will be your PIP assessment, instead of it being face to face it's through telephone. Most people have these at the moment, instead of face to face. They will be asking you question about how your conditions affect you.
    If you kept a copy of the form you returned (you should have) then have a read of that before the assessment so you can remind yourself of what you wrote.
    Assessment time can be anything from 20-120 minutes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @harris1986 :) Welcome to the community! 

I hope that poppy123456's comment above has helped to clear this up for you. Some people find it helpful to jot a few notes down of things they'd like to cover during their assessment- is this something you've thought about? 

Try not to worry too much about it. They should be polite and respectful, and remember that you can always ask them to repeat a question if you need. Would it help if you had someone close to you sit with you during the call? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • harris1986
    harris1986 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    hi there yeah i have my carer here with me thanks for your help i know it should be ok you just hear stories of prople losing pip
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
     you just hear stories of prople losing pip
    Which is why coming onto any internet forum and reading all the negative stories is never a good idea.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ashvinney
    Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
    Hi I had my pip assessment the lady was very nice and was understanding , off my anxiety on the phone call we went though the form and she write my report and it was a good one , she put the help I needed and put me down as a ongoing  benefit the dm went by her report , I found her to be very far in her report
    Ajones 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    It's important to remember that you're more likely to hear the negative stories online, as people don't post their positive stories as often @harris1986. You can see from @Ashvinney's comment that not everyone has a bad experience :) 

Even if you're not awarded what you believe you're entitled to, you can challenge this decision, so all hope wouldn't be lost. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    My PIP renewal was done via a telephone assessment, it was fine.  The assessor was running late, but her assistant kept me informed throughout the day of what was happening and the assessor apologised when she did finally get to my assessment.  As with face to face, there can be delays as assessments never run to time, so expect a delay.

The only issue I had was trying to explain how a rare physical disability affects me when she was unable to see my twisted, deformed limbs in person and had no knowledge of my condition, but few people have heard of it so I'm used to that.

If you think its going to be a long conversation, I would suggest keeping some water handy that you can sip at as I found I was quite hoarse afterwards as I hadn't had that long a conversation in a very long time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.