Hi, my name is TanyaSager! I think the zero points awarded for my pip app was the final straw — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TanyaSager! I think the zero points awarded for my pip app was the final straw

Options
TanyaSager
TanyaSager Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve recently been in Crisis I think the zero points awarded for my pip app was the final straw.
Ive sent it for MR but don’t know if I can send the evidence of the Crisis of recent days or not. Can anyone help me please 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    If it relates to a worsening of condition then it won’t be taken into consideration. They will only take into consideration how your conditions were at the time the assessment took place. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TanyaSager

Welcome to the community, thank you for joining us. I'm sure you'll find this to be a very supportive and welcoming place.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been in crisis, do you have any friends or family members who can support you at this time? 

Benefit claims can often feel like a lot to handle, so it might be worth contacting Citizens Advice or going through Advice Local to see if you can find some professional support with it. And of course, you are more than welcome to take part here on the community, peer support can also be a good avenue for helping you feel a bit less alone.

How is your mental health at the moment? It concerns me that you mention the 0 points as being the thing that pushed you into a crisis, but I hope that you can recover and feel better soon. Are you in contact with your GP about how you feel and are they supporting you to manage your mental health? If you want to access some support and talk to somebody, you can call Samaritans on 116 123 or text "Shout" to 85258, and Mind have plenty of useful resources such as this one.

Additionally, our email inbox is always open if you want to have a chat, community@scope.org.uk
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @TanyaSager :) I was just wondering how you were getting on today. How have things been since you posted here last week? 

Have you had a chance to read the above comments?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.