Hi, my name is scapaman!

scapaman
scapaman Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2022 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi everyone new here. 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hello @scapaman and welcome to the forum :) Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself and what made you sign up?

If you'd like to explore the community, there's lots of different categories to browse, or you can head to the coffee lounge for some more casual chat, or games. 

If there's something you'd like help with, please do ask, we'll do our best to help.

Alex
  • scapaman
    scapaman Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi. My name is dennis and I have a son who is 24 who is autistic and as fragile x. 
    I have to be honest and say I’ve only really joined to get some advice as I had no way of finding out thing. But thanks for the friendly welcome 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,371 Championing
    edited January 2022
    Hi @scapaman -  & welcome to the community. It's great you have joined as a parent with a child with Fragile X syndrome & who's also autistic. We have other parents with children on the autistic spectrum, as well as adults with this, & there's a section here which you may like to look at. Please see: https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism
    As far as Fragile X goes, have you looked at this charity, where there's a section relating to autism? : https://www.fragilex.org.uk/fragile-x-and-autism
    If we can help in any way, or if you have any questions, as mentioned by both Teddybear12 & Alex, then please do say, Dennis. :)

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,247 Empowering
    Hello @scapaman

Welcome to the community, it's great to have you here with us :) 

How are you today? I see a lot of our members have offered some great advice and resources above for you. I hope you find them helpful and I will initially move your comment into our Autism and Neurodiversity section, in the hope that our other members with similar experiences will reach out to you.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Libby