New payment rates. I still seem to be getting the 2021 rate. Is this correct? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New payment rates. I still seem to be getting the 2021 rate. Is this correct?

Options
Dan2three
Dan2three Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited April 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all,

I still seem to be getting the 2021 rate is this correct with my assessment period please?

March 19th - April 18th paid April 25th

Is this because the rate change for UC only started 11th April near the end of my assessment period or have I just been missed?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

It's correct the new rats will apply next time you are paid at the rate at the start of your assessment period 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,230 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The dates of your AP's is likely to mean that you won't see the increase until your June payment, not your next payment. UC is paid in arrears.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2022
    Options
    The new rates are applied to assessment periods that start on or after 11th April. Some people will not see the new rate on their awards until payment on 16th May.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Dan2three
    Dan2three Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Sorry for late reply thank you all for confirming
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please don't be sorry for the late reply @Dan2three. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable posting and responding when you need and want to. 

I hope you have found the confirmation helpful. If you have any questions or need any further clarification or support with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Silvano
    Silvano Community member Posts: 385 Pioneering
    Options
    I've not had my increase either. I'm paid Universal Credit on the 14th of each month and didn't get the increase in April or May. I know its only an extra £10.07 a month but Im really struggling and every little counts. I hope I get it in June. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Silvano said:
    I've not had my increase either. I'm paid Universal Credit on the 14th of each month and didn't get the increase in April or May. I know its only an extra £10.07 a month but Im really struggling and every little counts. I hope I get it in June. 

The increase applies to the first assessment periods starting on or after 11th April. Some will only see it from 11th May but others like yourself will only see it from their June payment.
    You won't lose out though because you will still receive 12 payments at the increase rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Silvano
    Options
    Thanks for your answer. My assessment period is 8th of the month up to the 7th of the next month then I get the money into my account on 14th of each month so that'll be June then
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Silvano said:
    Thanks for your answer. My assessment period is 8th of the month up to the 7th of the next month then I get the money into my account on 14th of each month so that'll be June then

Yes June. You just missed the May payment but as advised, you won't miss out.
  • Silvano
    Options
    Ok, thank you  :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.